Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
“The advice I have...you know, it’s never too late to start.”
Those were words spoken by graduate Nathan Revita that left him choked up for a moment.
When watching Nathan Revita’s story, you might notice a successful, passionate employee describing his new career with Technical Hot & Cold. What you might not see is the journey that got him where he is today.
Nathan’s background is in furniture sales, something he described was a cycle of monotony for him.
“I was tired of my every day, day to day, in and out, same thing, boring, repetitive,” says Nathan. That’s when he decided to make a change.
Nathan recalls enrolling in the HVACR Technician program quickly after discovering it.1 He was keen on enrolling because of our hands-on learning approach.
“I don’t really like a whole lot of bookwork,” says Nathan. “So for me, you have a little bit of bookwork and the rest would be hands-on about what you need to know in the field broken down section by section.”
Another important factor to Nathan was the instructors.
“Each instructor specialized in a different area of what we studied and they would take their knowledge and help you if you wanted it,” says Nathan.
Now working as an HVAC technician, Nathan talks about how he loves that no two days are alike at his job. A typical day in the life of Nathan at work includes receiving calls, traveling to homes, and diagnosing and doing what it takes to repair the issue.
“Everything that I learned in school had prepped me for the job that I do now. It helped me out a lot,” says Nathan.
Nathan has big life goals: obtaining his mechanical license and opening up his own shop one day.
“It’s the best thing I ever did,” says Nathan. “It helped me change my life completely from A to Z and do a complete 180. I love it.”
With our program, you could be ready to pursue a career as an HVAC technician in just 39 weeks. If you enjoy working with your hands and finding solutions to problems, you might love our HVACR Technician program. This program is offered at four of our campuses: Canton, Michigan; Mooresville, North Carolina; Austin, Texas; and Houston, Texas. Learn more about it on our HVACR program page.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
6) UTI and MIAT graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
11) See program details for eligibility requirements and conditions that may apply.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career