State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
The core programs at NASCAR Technical Institute include Automotive Technology, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Technology and Welding Technology. We also offer specialized training to help satisfy your passion. Whether
you’re a motorsports or NASCAR enthusiast, or looking to gain the hands-on training and high-tech skills needed to start your career with one of our manufacturer partners, our North Carolina trade school campus offers the advanced training to help you prepare for a career as a technician.1
Located in the heart of Mooresville — also known as “Race City USA” — is NASCAR Technical Institute, a division of Universal Technical Institute. NASCAR Tech is home to UTI’s core Automotive Technology program and also offers a 15-week NASCAR-endorsed elective. If you love working on cars and are interested
in the world of racing, you’ll feel right at home here. NASCAR Tech is the country’s first and only school that combines a complete automotive program with NASCAR-specific motorsports training.24
NASCAR Tech also offers a 36-week CNC Machining Technology program, where students learn to craft sophisticated performance parts and components from raw materials. Created in cooperation
with Roush Yates, a leading brand in the industry, you’ll learn everything from reading blueprints to the setup and operation of CNC mills and lathes. The program starts every six weeks, so you can get going and prepare for your career sooner!
The 36-week Welding Technology program is available at NASCAR Tech. As a welding student, you’ll train
in the welding lab using cutting-edge tools and technology, including VRTEX® virtual welders. Developed in conjunction with Lincoln Electric, our curriculum will
teach you 4 different welding processes in order to become a combination welder. And you can complete your training in less than 9 months!
See where students enjoy spending their time away from campus.
Charlotte Motor Speedway: Home to the legendary Coca-Cola 600 and other motor sports races.
zMAX Dragway: Your home for NHRA. Come see some of the fastest accelerating machines on earth at this racetrack.
Penske Racing Facility: This 105-acre facility is all about performance and style. Step inside the 4,986-square-foot gift shop that gives fans access to walk above the garage floor 432 feet in the air!
JR Motorsports: This 66,000-square-foot facility is the center for the professional race team of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame: This museum holds an array of classic stock cars, dragsters and other racing-related memorabilia.
Take the next step toward your future. Learn more about our North Carolina campus offerings.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
24) NASCAR Technical Institute prepares graduates to work as entry-level automotive service technicians. Some graduates who take NASCAR-specific electives also may have job opportunities in racing-related industries. NASCAR Tech is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
35) UTI is committed to making reasonable, appropriate and effective modifications in policies, practices, and procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need specific accommodations, please notify Student Services in advance of your arrival.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.