Download our catalogs and learn about programs, courses, tuition, fees, admissions and much more.
State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can train in less than a year.7
By submitting this form, I agree that Universal Technical Institute, Inc., Custom Training Group, Inc., and their representatives may email, call, and / or text me with marketing messages about educational programs and services, as well as for school - related communications, at any phone number I provide, including a wireless number, using prerecorded calls or automated technology. I understand that my consent is not required to apply, enroll or make any purchase.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
Learn the foundations of motorcycle, ATV, side-by-sides and personal watercraft with MMI’s Motorcycle Technician Training program. Troubleshoot and diagnose engines, test performance and drivability, and receive specialized training with leading brands in the industry.
Elliott Deane is a dynamic leader, an entrepreneur, and a MMI Orlando grad.
Keino Sasaki owns Keino Cycles custom motorcycles in New York and a graduate of MMI Phoenix.
John Maxwell graduated from MMI Orlando, but you probably know him as "The Harley Tech" on YouTube.
At MMI, you’ll start your motorcycle technician training with a strong core program that combines classroom preparation and hands-on experience. The Motorcycle Technician Prerequisite covers the key components of motorcycle technology and serves as a foundation for your professional development.
Choose the program that meets your training and future career goals:
Harley-Davidson Late Model
Kawasaki: K-Tech Specialist
After completing the 42-week program, you could go on to take:
Harley-Davidson Early Model
Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle
Performance and Drivability
Performance Suspension*(*offered at MMI Phoenix only)
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) makes it easy to structure your training program as you prepare for your career. You’ll get the hands-on experience in state-of-the-industry
technology and equipment as you train to perform routine service, diagnose mechanical and electrical systems, and make necessary repairs and replacement.
Your first 18 weeks at MMI are spent learning the foundational knowledge of motorcycle technology with real hands-on experience from instructors who collectively offer decades of industry expertise. From there, students move on to specialized training
created with one or more of six leading manufacturers.
Click the links below to read descriptions about the courses at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute.
Ever dream of mastering Harley-Davidson engines or becoming an expert in servicing Honda motorcycles? This is where you can make it happen! Specialized training at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute lets student work on six of the industry’s leading brands in motorcycle, ATV, side-by-sides and personal watercraft.
Click on the images below to learn more about our manufacturer-specific training.
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute can help prepare you for a career in the motorcycle industry. Be proactive about your future and learn more today.
The motorcycle mechanic training program is available at our two Motorcycle Mechanics Institute campuses: Phoenix, Arizona, and Orlando, Florida.
MMI Phoenix is now offering associate of occupational studies (AOS) degrees for certain program combinations.
Flexible scheduling and frequent start times mean it’s never too soon or too late to start your training. Classes begin every six weeks for new students at both MMI campuses in Phoenix, Arizona, and Orlando, Florida.
You can complete your motorcycle mechanic training in just 42 weeks at MMI. View our motorcycle mechanic courses here.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for motorcycle mechanics in the United States was $38,010 in May 2020.30 This means half of motorcycle technicians earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area. Learn more in our motorcycle mechanic salary guide.
Yes! MMI is the only trade school that offers a Harley-Davidson specific 24-week OEM training program. Visit our Harley-Davidson program page to learn more.
1) MMI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
5) MMI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians. Some MMI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than
as a technician, such as: parts associate, service writer, fabricator, paint and paint prep, and shop owner/operator.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
30) Estimated annual median salary for Motorcycle Mechanics in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020. MMI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MMI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. Entry-level salaries may be lower. MMI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as motorcycle technicians. Some MMI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a technician, such as service writer, equipment maintenance, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary for persons employed as Motorcycle Mechanics (49-3052) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $30,157 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2019 data, viewed June 2, 2021, https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). North Carolina salary information: The U.S. Department of Labor estimate of hourly earnings of the middle 50% for skilled motorcycle technicians in North Carolina, published May 2021, is $15.94. The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $12.31 and $10.56, respectively. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020. Motorcycle Mechanics, viewed June 2, 2021.)
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.