Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
MIAT’s Aviation Maintenance Technology program is designed to prepare students for careers in the aviation industry.80 Through classroom and hands-on learning, they learn the basics of air science
and take a series of airframe and powerplant courses.2 Upon graduation, they’re prepared to test for Airframe and Powerplant FAA Certification.
If you have a passion for aviation, why not pursue it for a career? There’s a demand for aviation technicians, and the Aviation Maintenance Technology program at MIAT provides training for students to develop necessary skills for the industry.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Take a look at some of the courses your training will cover:
Aviation maintenance technicians perform inspections, routine maintenance and repairs to keep aircraft in operating condition. They often work in repair stations and hangars, and on airfields. This is a career that requires great attention to detail, as technicians must closely follow regulations set by the FAA.
Aviation maintenance technology can be a great career path for those who are mechanically inclined and have an eye for detail. Learning the craft can be challenging, so having the right training is important. This is a very hands-on career, so choosing a program that offers hands-on training in a lab environment can be very beneficial.
The length of time it takes to become an aviation maintenance technician can vary. At MIAT, you can train in as little as 24 months.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) The Robotics & Automation AAS, Aviation Maintenance Technology, and Energy Technology programs contain online general education courses.
3) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
57) The Airframe & Powerplant and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs prepare graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as aviation maintenance technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as aviation maintenance technicians, such as turbine technicians or field technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians (49-3011) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $45,600 to $67,950 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled aviation technicians in North Carolina is $28.90 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $23.54 and $18.25, respectively.
71) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians will be 139,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
80) MIAT aviation programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without this certificate. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career