Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
MIAT’s Aviation Maintenance Technology program is designed to prepare students for careers in the aviation industry.80 Through classroom and hands-on learning, they learn the basics of air science
and take a series of airframe and powerplant courses.2 Upon graduation, they’re prepared to test for Airframe and Powerplant FAA Certification.
If you have a passion for aviation, why not pursue it for a career? There’s a demand for aviation technicians, and the Aviation Maintenance Technology program at MIAT provides training for students to develop necessary skills for the industry.
Take a look at some of the courses your training will cover:
Aviation maintenance technicians perform inspections, routine maintenance and repairs to keep aircraft in operating condition. They often work in repair stations and hangars, and on airfields. This is a career that requires great attention to detail, as technicians must closely follow regulations set by the FAA.
Aviation maintenance technology can be a great career path for those who are mechanically inclined and have an eye for detail. Learning the craft can be challenging, so having the right training is important. This is a very hands-on career, so choosing a program that offers hands-on training in a lab environment can be very beneficial.
The length of time it takes to become an aviation maintenance technician can vary. At MIAT, you can train in as little as 24 months.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) The Robotics & Automation AAS, Aviation Maintenance Technology, and Energy Technology programs contain online general education courses.
3) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
71) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians will be 139,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Airframe & Powerplant and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without an FAA-issued mechanic certificate, and salaries may be lower. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment, salary, or FAA certification.
80) MIAT aviation programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without this certificate. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career