Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Our trade school campus in Bloomfield, New Jersey, offers Automotive, Diesel and Welding technology programs in fully equipped classrooms and labs. The programs are led by instructors with real-world experience. Upon completion of their programs, graduates will be prepared to pursue a career in the automotive, diesel or welding industries.1
The automotive and diesel industries never sit still. With growing numbers of vehicles on the road and the constant development of advanced technologies, demand for technicians with the ability to diagnose, maintain and repair mechanical and technical systems should only increase. UTI’s expert instructors use state-of-the-industry training tools and methods to prepare students to pursue a career in transportation and machinery — in less than a year.7
Our Bloomfield campus offers Automotive Technology, Diesel Technology and Welding Technology programs, where students begin with foundational training and progress to more advanced mechanical and computerized systems.
The UTI Bloomfield campus offers a 51-week Automotive Technology training program, where you can train to become an automotive technician. As a graduate, you’ll earn a certificate and will be prepared to complete ASE examinations.
If your passion is working with large engines and equipment, consider enrolling in the Diesel Technology program at UTI. In just 45 weeks, you’ll dive into a variety of different aspects of the diesel industry, from engine service and repair, to preventative maintenance, to electronic systems and technology. Upon completion of the program, you’ll earn a certificate and will be prepared to test to become ASE certified.
Students at UTI Bloomfield will be able to take the 36-week Welding Technology program, which teaches four different welding processes. Upon completion of the program, you’ll earn a certificate of completion and will be prepared to test for welding certifications.
Once you complete your core classes, you can take our specialized training program to gain the skills manufacturers demand.
1515 Broad Street    Bloomfield, NJ 07003 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
To learn more about UTI Bloomfield, get in touch with us. We are here to help!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages.
UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
35) UTI is committed to making reasonable, appropriate and effective modifications in policies, practices, and procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need specific accommodations, please notify Student Services in advance of your arrival.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career