Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
The Diesel Technology program offered at Universal Technical Institute’s Bloomfield, New Jersey, campus helps provide students with the training and experience needed to fill entry-level roles in the industry. You could graduate from the program in as little as 45 weeks7 prepared for a role in the field. Transportation is one of the top industries in New Jersey, making UTI Bloomfield a great place to start your journey toward a career in the diesel industry.1
Many different types of commercial vehicles and heavy equipment systems operate using diesel technology. Students in the Diesel program at UTI Bloomfield get hands-on training with technology that a wide variety of industries depend on.
Foundational courses build knowledge from the ground up, so all skill levels are welcome. Students follow UTI’s blended learning model, which combines instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18
In-demand skills are taught during every course in the Diesel Technology program at UTI Bloomfield. Students gain the foundational knowledge needed to enter the industry. The courses in the program include:
UTI helps prepare students for entry-level careers in the diesel industry. Learn more in this video about some of the opportunities available for those with the right training and experience.
Graduates of the Diesel Technology program at the UTI Bloomfield campus earn certificates. Students who graduate are also prepared to take tests required for ASE certifications. Students can substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The Diesel program at UTI Bloomfield is designed to give you the experience needed for entry-level roles in the industry. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles include:77
Want to learn more about the different career paths in the diesel industry? Read our career guide here.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The UTI Bloomfield campus is a great place to spend your time while getting trained for the industry. There are plenty of things to do when you’re not busy in the classroom, including exploring nearby racetracks like Atco Dragway and Island Dragway.
1515 Broad Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
833-207-6077 | Campus Information
973-866-2200 | Admissions 833-207-6074 |
973-866-2206 |  Student Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Want to check out the different labs and classrooms at UTI Bloomfield yourself? Schedule a guided tour of the campus Monday through Friday to get a look!
From open houses to industry days, UTI hosts a variety of events to help you get involved with the activities on campus. Check out our events calendar to see both in-person and virtual events!
If you’re interested in pursuing a hands-on career as a diesel technician, getting trained at UTI Bloomfield can help prepare you for the industry. Connect with an Admissions Representative who can help get you started on the right path today.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
43) For Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 28,500 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career