Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Our Airframe & Powerplant Technician program is designed to prepare students for entry-level opportunities in various areas of the aviation industry.1 Through hands-on and classroom learning, they explore topics such
as aircraft troubleshooting, hydraulics and pneumatics, powerplant lubrication systems and turbine engine operation.3 As graduates, they’re eligible to apply and test for Airframe and Powerplant
*Dependent on location
A trained airframe and powerplant technician can apply skills in many different roles. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
*Program coming to UTI Long Beach and UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
Your training will take you through a variety of courses, including:
The aviation industry needs technicians who have both the skills and passion needed to maintain aircraft. Our Airframe & Powerplant program gives students the training employers are looking for.
Completing a formal training program like the one we offer is a great first step toward starting a career as a aviation technician. Our program will build your knowledge from the ground up–so even if you’ve never worked on a plane, you’ll gain the skills necessary to pursue a career as an aviation technician. Some technicians start their career path with on-the-job training, however this may take longer to work your way into a technician role.
Nowadays, many employers prefer to hire aviation mechanics who have completed some sort of formal training program. Our program takes just 18 months to complete, which means you can go out into the field and start working quickly. The curriculum is made up of a variety of hands-on courses that equip you with the skills you need to pursue a career.
Many people who work in the A&P field would agree that it’s a great industry to be in. If you love flying and travel and are looking for a career path that’s hands-on, this may be the perfect fit for you. This industry brings new challenges and innovations every day–it’s not your typical office job!
Interested in training for a career in the aviation industry?1 Click the request info link at the top of the page, and we’ll connect you with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
3) The Robotics & Automation AAS, Aviation Maintenance Technology, and Energy Technology programs contain online general education courses.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
71) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians will be 139,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Airframe & Powerplant and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without an FAA-issued mechanic certificate, and salaries may be lower. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment, salary, or FAA certification.
77) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI and MIAT prepare graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
80) MIAT aviation programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without this certificate. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career