Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
If you’re looking for aviation mechanic schools in Florida, you’ve come to the right place. Our Airframe & Powerplant Technician program is coming to the Universal Technical Institute campus in Miramar pending FAA approval and is designed to offer hands-on training in state-of-the-industry labs for real-world learning.18 You’ll also find supportive instructors who mentor our students along the way and provide useful insight from their years of experience.
In just 18 months, you could be prepared to pursue an entry-level career in the aviation industry.
Behind each functionally operating aircraft is a skilled mechanic. Aircraft & powerplant technicians are vital to the aircraft industry, as they are responsible for the maintenance, repairs and alterations on structures, engines and more.
For the mechanically inclined who have an eye for detail, aviation mechanic training could become a great career path. At UTI Miramar, you could turn your talents into training to get prepared to apply and test for Airframe and Powerplant Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certification.79
No prior experience is needed with the Airframe & Powerplant Technician program at UTI Miramar! Our courses are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Here are some highlights of courses students take (course titles and descriptions are subject to change):
Students learn to identify, properly select and use a variety of aircraft hardware and materials used for repair and maintenance. Students learn how to inspect and check welds, and how to perform precision measurements.
Students acquire knowledge and skills based on standard industry practices relating to fabrication and the repair of rigid and flexible fluid lines used in various aircraft systems.
Students receive a general introduction to the FAA’s requirements for sheet metal fabrication and repair. Industry standard practices like de-burring metal to prevent cracking and failure are included. This class includes instruction on special fasteners, layouts, bends in sheet metal, forming and stressed skin repairs.
Students develop advanced skills and techniques used in the workplace. This course includes advanced hardware like Hi-LokTM and Taper-LockTM fasteners.
This course is a study of aircraft navigation, communication, approach control systems and autopilot. The course includes inspection, installation, service and FAA regulations.
Students learn to troubleshoot, service, and repair electrical and mechanical fluid rate-of-flow indicating systems, as well as how to inspect, check, service, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and mechanical engine temperature, pressure, and rpm-indicating systems.
Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
There’s no doubt the aviation industry is exciting, and there’s a certain level of prestige around being in this field. For those who are drawn to the excitement of the industry, want to work with their hands every day, and don’t mind working irregular shifts, the aviation industry could be a great career path to pursue.
Yes! In fact, total aviation technician employment is expected to exceed 139,000 by 2031.71
The length depends on the school and program you choose. UTI’s Airframe & Powerplant Technician program is designed for students to get trained for entry-level roles in the industry in just 18 months!
Typically, skilled airframe and powerplant technicians have a great eye for detail, an inclination for mechanics, are good with basic math and prefer hands-on work. Employers often require some form of education, and that’s where attending a training program like ours can help you stand out and help equip you with the basic knowledge needed for an entry-level position.1
With several international airports in the state, nearby theme parks and beautiful beaches, South Florida is a great place for aviation mechanic school, and UTI Miramar can help get you trained in just 18 months! Seeing makes the difference. You can get a personal campus tour to check out our state-of-the-industry labs and get your questions answered.
2601 SW 145th Avenue
Miramar, FL 33027
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
Whether you have a passion for aviation or are simply looking for a hands-on career you can enjoy, UTI Miramar can help provide the training needed to pursue an entry-level role as an aviation mechanic. Click on the button below to get started.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
71) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians will be 139,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Airframe & Powerplant and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without an FAA-issued mechanic certificate, and salaries may be lower. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment, salary, or FAA certification.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career