Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
There's no doubt that education is a major investment for most families. And when you make a major investment, it's important to consider the return. UTI isn't a traditional school. We understand that the trades and trade schools are critical. It's why we offer fast-paced, hands-on training that prepares you for an in-demand career. That means you can complete most of our core programs in about a year.
UTI has thousands of employer relationships with major manufacturers, dealerships and local shops. A select group of these employers may offer UTI graduates hiring incentives through the Tuition Reimbursement Incentive Program (TRIP) like sign-on bonuses, higher pay, tuition reimbursement and tool allowances.14 We even have career fairs where hiring managers often visit our campuses to recruit and interview potential candidates on the spot.6
As you consider investing in education to prepare for a career, you may want to consider the following questions:
Figuring out how to pay for your education can feel overwhelming at times, but financial aid may be able help. There are grants and scholarships that may help pay for your education and they're available to all kinds of students every year.10
Visit scholarships.com and you'll find information about financial aid that could help pay for your education if you qualify.
There are scholarships based on financial need, military affiliation, gender, ethnicity and many more categories as well.
Financial aid isn't always dependent on your grade point average or how well you performed on your ACT or SAT. You may be able receive financial aid for school based on everything from financial need to being left-handed.
A scholarship is a financial award intended to help students further their education. They do not require repayment and are typically based on a set of criteria. Some scholarships are merit-based, though that means more than grades. Merit can also be based on a special talent, an interest, or traits like gender and ethnicity.
A grant tends to be awarded based on financial need, typically in relation to family income. Like scholarships, they do not require repayment. The primary source of grants are Federal and state governments. The Pell Grant is the most notable federal grant program. Most state-funded grants are awarded to students who are pursuing higher education in that state.
A student loan is intended to help students pay for their education and associated fees (books, supplies, living expenses). It is intended to be repaid with interest. Student loans can come from private sources like banks or financial institutions, or the federal government. The payment schedule is typically deferred while the student attends school.
Learn more about the value of your investment. Talk to a UTI Admissions Representative about how you can start toward training for your new career.7
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI
is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
14) Incentive programs and employee eligibility are at the discretion of the employer and available at select locations. Special conditions may apply. Talk to potential employers to learn more about the programs available in your area. UTI is an
educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
38) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment in each of the following occupations by 2030 will be: Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, 705,900; Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, 452,400; Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, 296,800; Automotive Body and Related Repairers, 161,800; and Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators, 154,500. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2020 and projected 2030, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
82) Universal Technical Institute was founded in 1965, and since then, has delivered more than 220,000 graduates.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career