Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Bloomfield, New Jersey, features an Automotive Technology program dedicated to helping educate and prepare the next generation of technicians to fill roles in the industry.1 At 108,000 square feet, there’s plenty of lab and classroom space to make UTI Bloomfield a great place to get trained.
The Automotive Technology program offered at UTI’s Bloomfield campus teaches students the ins and outs of performing repairs and maintenance on a variety of late-model vehicles. They gain valuable industry-related experience and are prepared for careers in the industry.
Students also gain flexibility with their schedules and get a look at what training in the field is really like thanks to the blended learning model the program follows. This combines online instructor-led training with hands-on lab application.18
All courses in the Automotive program cover specific aspects of the industry, giving students at UTI Bloomfield a foundation they can build upon week after week. This helps ensure all skill levels feel welcome! The classes include:
Explore UTI’s Bloomfield campus in New Jersey and get a behind-the-scenes look at the different labs and classrooms by watching this video!
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Bloomfield earn certificates. Students also graduate prepared to take exams needed to earn ASE certifications. The training that students receive at UTI Bloomfield can be substituted for one of two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The UTI Bloomfield campus offers the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program, known as Ford FACT, which can be taken after students complete the 51-week core Automotive program. Those enrolled in FACT get the opportunity to train on diagnostic and testing equipment that Ford dealership technicians use in the field.
Students in the program receive the same Ford Service Technician Specialty Training (STST) that Ford provides to its dealership technicians. Upon graduation, they can earn instructor-led Ford STST classroom course credentials, web-based credentials and Ford specialty certifications.
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Bloomfield are prepared for entry-level careers. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Learn more about potential career paths for Automotive grads by reading our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
UTI’s Bloomfield campus is in a great location, with the headquarters of many leading manufacturers close by. There are also a few racetracks in the area, including Atco Dragway and Island Dragway, making it a great home base for catching some of the action.
1515 Broad Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
833-207-6077 | Campus Information
973-866-2200 | Admissions 833-207-6074 |
973-866-2206 |  Student Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Guided tours of the UTI Bloomfield campus are offered Monday through Friday, so you have the chance to see what the campus is like for yourself. Schedule a tour below!
UTI schedules all kinds of events throughout the year, with a variety of in-person and virtual activities. You can view these on our events calendar below!
If you’ve ever thought about pursuing a career as an automotive technician, now is a great time to get started. Get the tools and experience you need to find success in the industry when you attend UTI’s Bloomfield campus. Click the link below to request more information and connect with an Admissions Representative today!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.