State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Get trained to become a welder in the Charlotte area.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
If you’re looking for a career with versatility and flexibility, welding is a great choice. The 36-week Welding Technology program offered at NASCAR Technical Institute is designed to equip students with the skills needed to pursue roles in a variety of industries.
From transportation and manufacturing to construction and aerospace, welders support industries that play an important role in our economy. The Welding Technology program features four welding processes that help prepare students to become combination welders. These include:
Students in the Welding program learn how to weld in the flat, vertical, horizontal and overhead positions used for plate or sheet metal, as well as the fixed, overhead and rolling positions used for pipe. Some of the courses they take include:
Coming out of the military, UTI Avondale graduate Spencer Rowett knew he wanted to get into welding because there were dozens of different options for work. Find out why Spencer was impressed by UTI’s facilities as he shares advice for fellow veterans.
As a Welding graduate from NASCAR Tech, you’ll earn a diploma. This can serve as a symbol of your training and could help you stand out to employers when applying for positions.
The Welding Technology program was created in conjunction with Lincoln Electric, a leader in the development, design and manufacturing of welding technology. This gives students the opportunity to train on the brand’s technology, which includes VRTEX® virtual welders.Photo from UTI Long Beach campus
An education in welding can help prepare you for roles in a variety of industries. Some of these may include:
To learn more, read our welding career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
NASCAR Tech is located in Mooresville — which is known as Race City USA, which means there’s plenty to do in the local area.
220 Byers Creek Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
704-658-1950 | Campus
877-201-2597 | Admissions
866-416-2722 |  Financial Aid
866-316-2722 |  Student Services
704-658-2146 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Are you curious about what it’s like to train at NASCAR Tech? Come see the campus for yourself! Simply click the link below to schedule a tour.
UTI and NASCAR Tech host a variety of events throughout the year, both virtual and in-person. Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up.
In just 36 weeks, you could train to become a skilled combination welder. If you’re ready to take the next step, request information today. We’ll connect you with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.33 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.12 and $14.58, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.