Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Expand your knowledge in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR, also referred to as HVAC) in Mooresville, North Carolina, a city filled with racing and the home to beautiful Lake Norman.
Our HVACR Technician training program coming to NASCAR Tech was created to prepare students for careers in the field while they learn various systems and prepare to test for certifications valued by the industry.1
Graduates will be prepared to test for certifications, such as EPA and NATE certifications, if they choose. Our training program is designed to equip students with a strong set of skills they can build on.
Our HVACR Technician training program attracts a specific type of student. Oftentimes, these students are interested in problem solving, basic math and working with their hands.
No prior experience is needed — our HVACR program is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Some of the courses in the HVACR Technician training program at NASCAR Tech include:
HVACR technicians are in demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), total HVACR technician employment is expected to exceed 414,000 by 2031.72
Also according to the BLS, the median annual salary for HVACR technicians in North Carolina was $49,150 in May 2022.58 This means that half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Our HVACR Technician program at NASCAR Tech is designed to prepare students for entry-level careers like HVACR technician, installation technician and refrigeration technician, just to name a few.77
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to NASCAR Tech.
HVAC could be a great career path for those who are natural problem-solvers, enjoy working with their hands, and desire a career where they have the potential to work independently. With the demand for skilled techs and training that can be completed in just 39 weeks, many consider it to be worth it.
The time it takes to get an education in HVAC is dependent on the school you attend. UTI’s HVACR Technician training in Mooresville, North Carolina, is designed to be completed in as few as 39 weeks.
There are a number of skills a professional HVACR technician often possesses, like basic math capabilities (fractions, reading a tape measure, etc.), creative problem-solving, working independently and working with their hands.
Although you might know Mooresville as Race City USA, it’s not just for automotive fans! This historic town can be a great place to live as you train in HVAC technician school, and it’s just a 30-minute drive to the big city of Charlotte.
For those seeking a hands-on career with the potential for travel, where no two workdays are exactly alike, HVAC could be a great career path to pursue. The HVACR Technician program, coming soon pending regulatory approvals to the NASCAR Tech campus, is designed to equip students with the knowledge to prepare them for entry-level careers in the HVAC industry.
220 Byers Creek Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
704-658-1950 | Campus
877-201-2597 | Admissions
866-416-2722 |  Financial Aid
866-316-2722 |  Student Services
704-658-2146 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
With the HVACR Technician program at NASCAR Tech, students are equipped with supportive instructors and hands-on learning on state-of-the-industry equipment to receive relevant training fit to industry needs. There’s no pressure to commit, so you can get questions answered by clicking on the button below.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
58) The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as HVACR technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as HVACR technicians, such as installation technicians and refrigeration technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (49-9021) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $42,100 to $58,670 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled HVACR technicians in North Carolina is $23.08 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.75 and $15.82, respectively.
72) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers will be 414,400 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career