Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
MIAT Houston will merge with UTI Houston in 2024. We'll streamline program offerings and offer enhanced support services to improve the training experience.
Being a robotics and automation technician means using robots to automate tasks and working alongside engineers to integrate, maintain and troubleshoot robotic work cells and automated systems.
In the Robotics and Automation Technician training program at MIAT College of Technology in Houston, Texas, students are equipped with the foundation needed to pursue entry-level careers as robotics and automation technicians.1
What does it take to become a robotics and automation technician? At MIAT Houston, our Robotics and Automation Technician diploma program is designed to take 12 months to complete.
Taking robotics and automation courses at MIAT Houston’s campus means hands-on learning and knowledge built from the ground up. Here are some details from select courses in our programs:
Students learn the proper use, importance and interpretation of precision measuring devices. This course includes both standard and metric tools, calculations, and techniques to teach about equipment that will be encountered in the field.
Students learn electrical theory and principles and their application to power generation systems. This course is designed to teach students electrical circuit diagrams, including charging and storage functions, circuit operation, and electrical fundamentals.
Students learn AC 3-phase electrical theory and principles and application to power generation systems. This course is designed to teach students about AC electrical circuit diagrams, including solid-state devices and logic functions.
Students thoroughly explore the fundamentals of programming. Students gain an understanding of programming and how it’s used for microcontrollers and systems operations.
Students learn and demonstrate their drafting abilities. This course progresses into learning AutoCAD/Autodesk for drafting and design.
Students are taught the basics of networking, including design, programming and application related to electrical mechanical engineering. They also dive into the physical components such as cabling, bridges, hubs, routers, switches, wireless communication and additional devices.
With supportive instructors and a hands-on curriculum fit to industry needs, the MIAT Houston campus can be a great place to train in robotics and automation. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with experience and hard work. Entry-level and advanced roles could include:78
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for robotics and automation technicians in the Houston area was $56,570 in May 2022.59 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Houston is a bustling city with something for nearly everyone, from those with a passion for the arts to sports enthusiasts, making it a great place to train and pursue a career! Plus, the Robotics and Automation Technician training program at MIAT Houston is designed so students can complete training in just 12 months, so you can feel confident pursuing a career in an industry you’re passionate about.
Seeing makes the difference. Decide if MIAT Houston’s robotics and automation training is right for you by scheduling a campus tour.
533 Northpark Central Drive
Houston, TX 77073
888-547-7047 | Campus
For hands-on training in our state-of-the-industry labs with supportive instructors, the MIAT Houston campus can be a great place to train in robotics and automation. There’s no pressure to commit, so get your questions answered by clicking on the button below.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
59) The Robotics & Automation Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as robotics & automation technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as robotics & automation technicians, such as control systems technicians and maintenance technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians (17-3024) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $43,670 to $52,960 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled robotics & automation technicians in North Carolina is $23.74 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $19.77 and $16.62, respectively.
78) MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MIAT prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. MIAT graduates’ achievements may vary. Some MIAT graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career