Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Whether it’s wind, coal, gas, nuclear or hydroelectric, energy technicians work on the machinery that powers many different industries! When searching for energy technology schools, look no further than MIAT College of Technology in Houston, Texas! Our Energy Technology programs are designed to offer hands-on training with supportive instructors and a curriculum built hand-in-hand with business leaders to fit industry needs.1
No prior experience is needed in to train in our Energy Technology programs at MIAT Houston — our curriculum is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up! Some of the Energy Technology courses at MIAT Houston include:
Students learn the proper use and interpretation of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, depth gauges and gap measuring devices. This course includes both standard and metric tooling to teach students about the equipment that will be encountered in the field.
Students learn the theory, principles and application of power generation systems. This course is designed to teach students electrical circuit diagrams, including charging and storage functions.
Students learn AC 3-phase electrical theory and principles, and their application to power generation systems. This course is designed to teach students about AC electrical circuit diagrams, including solid-state devices and logic functions.
Students learn the function and design of wind turbines in the power generation field. Students also learn about renewable energy systems other than wind turbines.
Students learn about hydraulic power and its function in the wind turbine industry. Students also learn the maintenance and inspections required for gear trains and lubrication systems.
Students learn about scheduled and nonscheduled maintenance required for gas turbines. Students also learn about the overhaul process and demonstrate their skill by performing assigned hands-on tasks.
Students learn the water treatment process used in power generation systems. They also learn the need for water treatment and the process used to comply with state and federal guidelines to protect the environment. Safety is reinforced in this course, and hazmat procedures are introduced to students.
This course is designed to develop an understanding of the scheduled and nonscheduled maintenance required for steam turbines. Students learn about steam turbines, beginning with the history of the development of steam turbines followed by a study of the major sections of a typical steam turbine.
Joining the technologically vibrant field that is energy technology can be a great option for those who love hands-on work, problem-solving and working with machines.
The demand for energy technicians is growing — employment is projected to grow 16% from 2021 to 2031.64 Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:78
Houston is a bustling city with something for nearly everyone, be it beautiful hikes, art, concerts, sporting events or great eats, making it a great place to train for a career. making the MIAT Houston campus a great place to train. Plus, our energy technology school is designed for students to complete training in just 7 to 14 months depending on the program, so you can feel confident pursuing a career in an industry you’re passionate about.
Seeing makes the difference. Decide if MIAT Houston is right for you by scheduling a campus tour.
533 Northpark Central Drive
Houston, TX 77073
888-547-7047 | Campus
If our Energy Technology programs sound like a good fit for you, there’s no need to wait! You can get started today by clicking the button below.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
64) Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Industrial Machinery Mechanics, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/industrial-machinery-mechanics-and-maintenance-workers-and-millwrights.htm. BLS projects total employment will increase from 384,800 in 2021 to 447,900 in 2031. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
78) MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MIAT prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. MIAT graduates’ achievements may vary. Some MIAT graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career