Download our catalogs and learn about programs, courses, tuition, fees, admissions and much more.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI) we offer a variety of technical programs wherever your interests may lie. Maybe it’s the rumble of a motorcycle that shakes you with excitement. Or you might prefer a sea breeze and the hum of a boat engine.
Whether your passion is on land or on water, UTI offers two MMI programs for you. There’s the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) and the Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI).
Though these three letters in MMI represent two very different programs, both give you the skills and training you need for a new career path. Becoming a motorcycle mechanic (technician) or marine mechanic (technician) is within your reach when you attend MMI.
Let's face it, reading words in a textbook isn't the most exciting way to become a motorcycle mechanic, no matter how much you love motorcycles. That’s why at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) we not only have valuable classroom instruction, but we place a heavy focus on our labs where you get your hands on the motorcycles.
While at MMI, you'll have access to motorcycles and equipment from leading manufacturers like Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and BMW Motorrad.
We'll give you a moment to let that sink in. Okay... are you excited yet?
“To share the passion for motorcycles, whether it’s riding or wrenching, and to communicate all of this to students is amazing.”
-David Dyck, Motorcycle Instructor, MMI Phoenix, AZ
Our state-of-the-industry facilities located in Orlando, Florida and Phoenix, Arizona, enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructors combined with our training and curriculum will give you the education you need to prepare for a career as a motorcycle mechanic.
The road to becoming an entry level motorcycle technician is a short one. MMI’s 48- to 102-week training programs will put you on the fast track to prepare to become a motorcycle mechanic. Included in the training programs are core courses designed to help you build a foundation of knowledge in motorcycle technologies and systems. You can then move onto our manufacturer-specific training courses. Here you’ll expand your knowledge of those OEM brands you’re interested in.
Don’t let your dreams of being a marine mechanic be capsized by an educational program that keeps you from getting hands-on experience with leading brands. UTI’s Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) in Orlando, FL will help you develop the skills you need to prepare for a career as a marine technician.
“The curriculum we have here would give an individual, whether they’ve touched a screwdriver or not, the knowledge and the skills to turn that into ability.”
-Bill Crosby, Marine Instructor, MMI Orlando
This 51-week program at our Orlando, Florida campus will help you develop the skills and knowledge to diagnose and fix problems on a variety of outboard and inboard engines and drive systems.
You’ll learn all about electrical systems, engines, fuel and lubrication systems among other valuable lessons in the MMI program. To become a marine mechanic you need the skillset that training at MMI will give you.
Our Marine program has relationships with leading brands like Honda Marine, Mercury Marine, Suzuki Marine, Volvo Penta, and Yamaha Marine.
And get this—there are 70 water tanks where you’ll get to test state-of-the-industry equipment. At MMI we’re all about education being a hands-on experience. You won’t feel a disconnect between what you learn in the classroom and what you put into practice. You’ll prepare to enter the job market with the skills employers are looking for when hiring entry level technicians. You’ll be well prepared to become a marine technician.
At UTI you have choices when it comes to the kind of technical skills you want to learn. Whether you want to become a motorcycle mechanic or a marine technician, we’re here to give you a solid educational foundation.
All you need to do is follow your passion. And UTI is here to let you do just that.
It only takes a few minutes to learn about technician training opportunities.
By submitting this form, I agree that Universal Technical Institute, Inc., Custom Training Group, Inc., and their representatives may email, call, and / or text me with marketing messages about educational programs and services, as well as for school - related communications, at any phone number I provide, including a wireless number, using prerecorded calls or automated technology. I understand that my consent is not required to apply, enroll or make any purchase.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For important information about the educational debt, earnings and completion rates of students who attended this program, and to review the applicable Gainful Employment disclosure, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates' achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
12) Based on data compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections (2016-2026), www.bls.gov, viewed October 24, 2017. The projected number of annual job openings, by job classification is: Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, 75,900; Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, 28,300; Automotive Body and Related Repairers, 17,200. Job openings include openings due to growth and net replacements.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI’s Custom Training Group on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.