Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
The aviation industry is critical to our economy, and it relies on skilled technicians to keep running. MIAT offers two Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified programs. This training provides students with the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to prepare for entry-level work in the field.1
*Dependent on program
MIAT offers two aviation training programs. Both include a mix of classroom and hands-on learning, and courses are led by passionate instructors with industry experience.2
This program prepares students for career opportunities in aviation, renewable energy, industrial technology and more.1 Over the course of 24 months, they learn the basics of air science and take a series of airframe and powerplant courses. Upon graduation, they’re prepared to test for Airframe and Powerplant FAA Certification.80
Students in the 20-month Airframe & Powerplant Technician program learn about aircraft troubleshooting, hydraulics and pneumatics, powerplant lubrication systems, turbine engine operation and more. Like the Aviation Maintenance Technology program, they’re equipped to test for Airframe and Powerplant FAA Certification after graduation.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) The Robotics & Automation AAS, Aviation Maintenance Technology, and Energy Technology programs contain online general education courses.
3) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
80) MIAT aviation programs prepare graduates to pursue entry-level careers in the aviation industry or related fields. Graduates are eligible to apply and test for an FAA-issued mechanic certificate. Career options may be limited without this certificate. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career