Download our catalogs and learn about programs, courses, tuition, fees, admissions and much more.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
As a high school student, it’s not too soon to start considering options that may be available to you after graduation. Taking the time to explore different career opportunities now can help you to create a clear path toward your long-term goals.
Through Universal Technical Institute’s Ignite program, incoming high school seniors can spend their summer test driving an education from UTI while learning in-demand, real-world skills
needed to become a skilled technician.1 This 3-week program is designed to give high school students a sample of what it’s like to train at UTI — at no cost.
Whether you’ve always wanted to work in the transportation industry or aren’t quite sure where you see yourself in the future, UTI’s Ignite program is for you. Here are five reasons to enroll in Ignite 2019.
By successfully completing the Ignite program, you can receive credit toward your education if you choose to attend UTI after high school.2 Getting a head start on your post-secondary education means that
it will take you less time to complete your training after graduating, allowing you to be prepared for the workforce sooner.
Course topics vary across all our campuses. 3 However, successful completion of the Ignite program counts as one introductory course of an UTI education. Ignite students are
held to the same standards as our full-time students, meaning they must meet attendance, academic and professional requirements in order to pass the course.
From exploring the basics of diesel engines to learning fundamental welding skills, Ignite students have
the opportunity to gain in-demand skills that can give them a competitive edge. Depending on the campus you attend, program topics may include:
Attending Ignite can be a great way to explore a new industry. Skilled technicians are in demand, and Ignite provides a great opportunity for students to discover whether this is the right career path for them.
In the program, you’ll have the opportunity to train in automotive, motorcycle or collision repair technologies. Through hands-on learning and application, you’ll get a firsthand look at exciting careers in the industry.
Ignite’s curriculum was created for all skill levels. In the program, you’ll learn valuable skills from the ground up! Whether you’ve worked on cars for years or have no prior experience,
you can take advantage of all Ignite has to offer.
As an Ignite student, you will have the opportunity to train using industry tools and technology, and learn the same skills taught in some UTI courses. Essentially,
you’ll get an inside look at what it’s like to be a UTI student without having to pay for the course.
Ignite instructors run their classes the same way they do for students enrolled in a program full-time. Throughout the 3-week course, you’ll have the opportunity to dive right into the curriculum and apply what you’ve learned in a hands-on
In addition to learning new skills and exploring a career in the transportation field, Ignite provides an opportunity to make connections that could benefit you as you pursue a career in the industry. In class, you’ll be learning from passionate instructors with real world experience. Our instructors act as mentors to our students, providing them with the guidance they need as they pursue their dreams.
You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with other students with similar interests. In our interactive labs, you can collaborate with your classmates and build community. You just might meet your future classmates if you decide to attend UTI
after high school!
Providing students with opportunities to meet employers will be a key focus in this year’s program. Our connections are your connections, and attending Ignite can give you the opportunity to interact with employers who have hired our graduates.
You’ll also have the chance to hear from UTI grads about the opportunities for skilled technicians and what it’s like to work in the industry.
What better way to spend summer than pursuing your passion? By attending Ignite, you can learn in-demand skills in a fun, upbeat atmosphere. This fast-paced program will give you the opportunity to start learning from day one. There’s never a dull
moment at Ignite!
The application period for Ignite 2019 is now open. Sessions will fill on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible! Visit www.UTI.edu/Ignite to
learn more information and register today.
3Courses vary by campus. For details, contact the program representative at the campus you are interested in attending. For important information about the educational debt, earnings and completion rates of students who attended
this program, and to review the applicable Gainful Employment disclosure, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
It only takes a few minutes to learn about technician training opportunities.
By submitting this form, I agree that Universal Technical Institute, Inc., Custom Training Group, Inc., and their representatives may email, call, and / or text me with marketing messages about educational programs and services, as well as for school - related communications, at any phone number I provide, including a wireless number, using prerecorded calls or automated technology. I understand that my consent is not required to apply, enroll or make any purchase.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For important information about the educational debt, earnings and completion rates of students who attended this program, and to review the applicable Gainful Employment disclosure, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates' achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
12) Based on data compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections (2016-2026), www.bls.gov, viewed October 24, 2017. The projected number of annual job openings, by job classification is: Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, 75,900; Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, 28,300; Automotive Body and Related Repairers, 17,200. Job openings include openings due to growth and net replacements.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI’s Custom Training Group on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation.