Download our catalogs and learn about programs, courses, tuition, fees, admissions and much more.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Good diesel mechanic work requires high-quality diesel mechanic tools. If you're studying Universal Technical Institute's (UTI) diesel technician training program, you may be wondering what diesel mechanic tool set you'll need to succeed in the field once you graduate.
We've created this diesel mechanic tools list, informed by some of the biggest diesel brands in the world. You can start adding to your tool list for diesel mechanics while you're still in school, so once you start applying for jobs, you're better prepped for what's to come.
Schneider provides truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Below are the tools the company recommends for its diesel mechanics, along with some other diesel mechanic tools and variations of what Schneider recommends. We've added those in italics so you have an idea of what various heavy equipment machinery and diesel engine manufacturers might be looking for.
You'll want a cart or rolling toolbox that efficiently separates your tools so they're easy to locate and use.
More items you might want to add to a tool list for diesel mechanics include:
This is a long list, but you may not need all the tools on this list for your future employer. Some employers may even provide certain tools. It can help to contact employers you're interested in to see what they require.
Also, take advantage of employer visits on your UTI campus. You can talk directly with employers about what they recommend you start with. Our diesel instructors are great resources, too.
As diesel mechanics retire, many offer to sell their tools to the next generation. Ask around in your networks and look online for lower-cost tools that are still high-quality.
When you study diesel at UTI, you don't have to worry about purchasing tools while you're in school. We provide everything you need with equipment you'd use out in the field.
Learn more about UTI's diesel technician training program's equipment technology.
The Humble Mechanic, is a YouTube influencer and entrepreneur. He's also known as Charles Sanville, a graduate of Universal Technical Institute.
Making the jump from military to civilian life? Here are some resources that could help you pursue a career as an automotive tech after the military.
Want to find out what makes a gas engine and a diesel engine unique? You've come to the right place, because this article was written for you.
It only takes a few minutes to learn about technician training opportunities.
What kind of training are you interested in?
What type of Diploma or Certificate will/did you obtain?
I am currently in the U.S. Military, Guard, Reserves or I am a veteran.
By submitting this form, I agree that Universal Technical Institute, Inc., Custom Training Group, Inc., and their representatives may email, call, and/or text me with marketing messages about educational programs and services, as well as for school-related communications, at any phone number I provide, including a wireless number, using prerecorded calls or automated technology. I understand that my consent is not required to apply, enroll or make any purchase.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For important information about the educational debt, earnings and completion rates of students who attended this program, and to review the applicable Gainful Employment disclosure, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates' achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
12) Based on data compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections (2016-2026), www.bls.gov, viewed October 24, 2017. The projected number of annual job openings, by job classification is: Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, 75,900; Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, 28,300; Automotive Body and Related Repairers, 17,200. Job openings include openings due to growth and net replacements.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI’s Custom Training Group on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation.