Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
For Fabian Jackson, motorcycles are more than just a hobby — they're a life-long passion. Today, he's not only an instructor at MMI, but also a mentor and role model for aspiring technicians. His journey from student to teacher is a testament to his dedication and love for the powersports industry.
Fabian's journey began as a student at MMI. He was eager to immerse himself in the world of motorcycles with core training, then enrolled in various specialized training programs, including BMW Motorrad, Yamaha YamaPro®, and Honda HonTech. After graduation, he spent eight years honing his skills at various dealerships before returning to MMI as an instructor.
“I felt like I had made myself home by being here, so this is a dream come true," he says.
But to Fabian, the powersports industry isn't just about motorcycles. It encompasses a wide range of vehicles, including ATVs, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and multi-utility vehicles. "This is not just motorcycles," he explains. "I would consider this a powersport industry."
One of the things Fabian loves most about his job is the opportunity to pass on his knowledge to others.
"Passing on knowledge in any aspect is great," he says. "There's no point in holding all that information and valued experience to yourself. Pass it on so this can continue."
To Fabian, a career in the powersports industry isn't just exciting and motivating — it's fun. To those with a passion for the industry, he shares that it can feel a lot less like work and a lot more like doing what you love every day.
"If you have a passion for this, if this is something that you want to do, then from my aspect, this is not work," says Fabian.
If you're passionate about motorcycles and other powersport vehicles, why not follow in our MMI instructor Fabian's footsteps?1 Get started today in training for your passion. Click here to learn more.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) The UTI family of schools is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
11) See program details for eligibility requirements and conditions that may apply.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career