Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Universal Technical Institute (UTI) offers a state-of-the-industry welding school near Sunrise, Florida, that offers comprehensive instruction complete with hands-on training. Throughout the program, students gain knowledge of tools, regulations and processes that can help prepare them to pursue entry-level welding careers.1 Learn more about the program below!
Located about 20 miles southwest of Sunrise, UTI’s Miramar, FL, welding school offers a 36-week program that helps train students for entry-level careers like welder, fabrication welder and welder fitter.
During the 36 weeks, students learn and practice the four main types of welding processes used in various industries ranging from construction to manufacturing to aerospace. The Welding training program doesn’t stop there. Students also gain practice reading blueprints, planning projects and interpreting common welding codes.
The course material was developed with the help of industry leader Lincoln Electric, so students can rest assured their education aligns with what’s found in the field.
UTI’s welding school includes the following courses:
These welding courses help students get one step closer to pursuing a career they’re excited about!
Welding can be a great career for those who enjoy using their skills to problem-solve and learn. There are also plenty of industries that require the services of skilled welders, providing opportunities to try new things. From oil rigs to aerospace plants, welders can be found in many different environments.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the median annual salary for welders, cutters, solderers and brazers in the South Florida area was $46,930 in May 2022.26 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Most graduates of UTI’s welding training program begin in one of the following entry-level roles:
While most of our graduates start out working in entry-level welding roles, as with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work.77 To learn more about the common types of paths some experienced welders choose to go down, visit our welding careers page.
It’s important to note that these specific positions may not be available in Sunrise at the time students graduate from UTI Miramar. However, graduates can look to UTI’s Career Services team to assist them in searching for other nearby opportunities.1
The welding school at UTI Miramar is about 20 miles southwest of Sunrise. Please note that the following route requires toll road usage:
2601 SW 145th Avenue     Miramar, FL 33027 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
UTI Miramar doesn’t stop at welding training; the Florida trade school also offers Automotive, Diesel, and Airframe & Powerplant technician training programs.79
*Airframe & Powerplant program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
The Automotive mechanic program at UTI Miramar prepares students to pursue careers in the automotive industry in less than a year.7
Students get hands-on training18 in an environment designed to mirror automotive shops. Upon completing the program, graduates can pursue entry-level positions like automotive technician, smog inspector, service writer or parts associate.77
If they wish to continue their education after graduating from UTI Miramar, they can look into specialized automotive training offered at other UTI campuses nationwide.
In UTI Miramar’s Diesel mechanic program, students gain the knowledge and skills needed to maintain diesel engines and vehicles in just 45 weeks.7
The program covers several topics, including replacing parts, inspecting and testing the vehicles’ operation, conducting maintenance visits, and examining components like transmissions, steering systems and brakes.
After completing the curriculum, graduates can begin their career search as entry-level diesel technicians or explore the specialized diesel training programs available at other UTI campuses across the country.
Students in the Airframe & Powerplant Technician training program79 are trained to develop aviation maintenance and repair skills in just 18 months.
Course offerings include Airframe Electrical, Assembly & Rigging, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, and more.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can begin searching for entry-level positions like aviation mechanic, turbine technician or field technician.77 (Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.)
Through hands-on training developed by industry leaders and taught by instructors considered experts in the field — UTI Miramar’s welding school near Sunrise helps get students career-ready in less than nine months.1
You can take the first step today by requesting more info below or by filling out a welding school application!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career