Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Get trained in the growing, ever-dynamic field that is industrial maintenance in just 30-39 weeks with our Industrial Maintenance Technician program. We offer the program at two current locations with another coming soon pending regulatory approvals,
so you can find a campus that’s nearest you. Plus, we team with housing services to assist when needed!
An industrial maintenance technician typically performs repairs and maintenance on various types of machines. On any given day, they may perform diagnostics, clean and lubricate machinery, or test damaged parts.
Our program is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Courses are designed to cover important basics to get you prepared for an entry-level role in the industry,1 with topics like energy industrial
fundamentals, safety compliance, math, first aid, physics, fabrication and more.
Students enrolled in the Industrial Maintenance Technician training program learn the fundamentals to get prepared to enter the industry. The length of time it takes to complete training in industrial maintenance varies depending on the school and campus
Completing a formal training program like ours can help prepare students for technician roles in less than a year. Students who complete the Industrial Maintenance Technician training program graduate with hands-on experience and a skill set applicable
to different industries.
No matter which location you choose, you can experience hands-on labs, a curriculum built with industry experts, and supportive instructors.18
Campuses offering Industrial Maintenance Technician training:
Our Canton campus is driving distance from attractions like the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation and the Detroit Zoo, making it an exciting place to train with no shortage of things to do.
Texas is a leading state in alternative energy, and Houston is a city filled with theater and arts, rodeos and sports to make it a great place to train.
With downtown Los Angeles about 42 miles away, you can focus on school while in beautiful Rancho Cucamonga, then enjoy a bustling city filled with entertainment.
With Chicago only about 27 miles away, Lisle offers a great place to train and live!
Enrolling in our Industrial Maintenance Technician training program begins with three simple steps: Fill out an enrollment form, talk with an Admissions Representative and start classes!
Required documents include proof of education, which include:
For more information on enrolling and admissions requirements, head here.
Industrial maintenance technicians perform maintenance and repairs on machinery that powers many different industries, from gas and coal to nuclear and solar. Some skills that are good to have when training to become an industrial maintenance technician include strong attention to detail, great problem-solving abilities and always being up for a challenge. Training is usually required to get into this field, and attending an industrial maintenance technician training school like ours can help.1
Becoming an industrial maintenance technician can be a fulfilling career for those who are analytical thinkers. It also offers hands-on work and the potential for a lot of variety day-to-day. And it’s an industry that’s in demand, with total industrial maintenance technician employment expected to exceed 447,000 by 2031.74
One of the titles graduates of this program can obtain is industrial maintenance technician, but grads could also become boiler technicians and plant technicians — all of which can be gateways toward becoming a power plant operator.2 It’s important to make it clear to prospects that this program prepares graduates for entry-level roles, but as with any career there may be advancement opportunities that require additional skills and experience.
No prior knowledge is needed to enter our Industrial Maintenance Technician training program! We offer hands-on labs and a curriculum that helps build your knowledge from the ground up, so you can be prepared for an entry-level career after completing training.18
Certifications and licensing requirements vary by employer. Some type of training is typically required to get into this career in order to gain knowledge on topics like electrical theory, industrial heating and cooling, materials processing and steam and gas turbines. Our Industrial Maintenance Technician program is developed with industry leaders to mirror real-world experience and helps prepare students to test for certifications if they choose.
After just 30-39 weeks in our Industrial Maintenance Technician program, you could be prepared to pursue a career in the field. Come enjoy training that’s hands-on, developed with industry experts, and has experienced instructors ready to support you and provide insight. Apply today!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
64) Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Industrial Machinery Mechanics, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/industrial-machinery-mechanics-and-maintenance-workers-and-millwrights.htm. BLS projects total employment will increase from 384,800 in 2021 to 447,900 in 2031. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
74) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Industrial Machinery Mechanics will be 447,900 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.