Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
When looking at wind turbine technician schools, consider training in Lisle, Illinois, right by Chicago, also known as the Windy City. Our Wind Turbine Technician training program, which is coming to Universal Technical Institute in Lisle, offers hands-on learning in state-of-the-industry labs18 and supportive instructors experienced in the industry who can provide useful insight. In just 30 weeks, you could be prepared to pursue an entry-level career in the wind industry!
Wind turbine technician training can be a great choice for those looking to pursue a career that’s hands-on and full of adventure.
With a curriculum built hand-in-hand with industry leaders, students enrolled in our Wind Turbine Technician school can gain industry-needed skills to help them feel confident when pursuing entry-level careers in the field. Here are some of the course titles in the program:
As students in our Wind Turbine Technician training program gain skills and experience, potential career paths to pursue could include:
The demand for wind technicians is growing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), wind technician employment is expected to grow 44% from 2021 to 2031.63
Also according to the BLS, the median annual salary for wind power technicians in Illinois was $63,640 in May 2021.61 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to UTI Lisle.
With Chicago just 27 miles away, UTI Lisle’s location offers plenty of entertainment while you train. Plus, Illinois ranks sixth for states with the most amount of wind turbines and seventh in generating electricity from wind, so you’ll be in a great place to train! And most importantly, students at UTI Lisle are equipped with knowledge and hands-on experience to help prepare them for entry-level careers in the wind industry.1
2611 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
630-529-2662 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2111 |  Financial Aid
800-441-4248 |  Student Services
630-529-2662 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
Wind turbine training doesn’t have to be a long process. With our program, you could complete training in just 30 weeks! There’s no pressure to commit, so click the button below to get started today.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
61) The Wind Technician training program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as wind power technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Wind Turbine Service Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as wind power technicians, such as installation technicians and field service technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is available at https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#. Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled wind turbine technicians in North Carolina is $28.46 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Wind Turbine Service Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $28.45 and $22.42, respectively.
63) Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Wind Turbine Technicians, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/wind-turbine-technicians.htm. BLS projects total employment will increase from 11,100 in 2021 to 16,100 in 2031. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career