Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Our HVACR courses are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. No prior experience required.
Working on HVACR systems requires an awareness of safety procedures, knowledge of heating and cooling, familiarity with tools used in the industry, and the ability to perform a variety of manual skills. In the program, you’ll learn all of this and more. Some key topics covered in the program include:
Ready to learn skills needed for a career in the trades?1 We’ll connect you with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started and answer any questions you may have.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
58) The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as HVACR technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as HVACR technicians, such as installation technicians and refrigeration technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (49-9021) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $42,100 to $58,670 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled HVACR technicians in North Carolina is $22.76 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $17.96 and $14.56, respectively.
72) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers will be 414,400 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI and MIAT prepare graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.