Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
With total auto technician employment expected to be 743,800 by 2031,47 it’s a great time to get trained for an entry-level career in the industry. If you’ve been searching for “automotive schools near me,” we have you covered. Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Exton, Pennsylvania, is close to Philadelphia and features an Automotive Technology program that provides the education and hands-on experience to help prepare the next generation of technicians.
Students in the Automotive Technology program get the opportunity to make repairs and perform maintenance on a range of vehicle models. Throughout the course, they gain industry-related experience that can be applied to careers once they graduate.1
Students also get a look at what training is like in the field thanks to the blended learning model that UTI follows. This method combines online instructor-led training with hands-on lab application, and it also offers students more flexibility with their schedules.18
Your search for “automotive schools near me” brought you here to UTI. Students in the Automotive Technology program gain foundational training they can build upon week after week, meaning all skill levels are welcome. Courses include:
UTI Exton Automotive program instructor Tom Brown’s family history with racing gave him a passion for the industry that he brings to teaching every day. He talks about the value of the relationships he has with students in this video.
There are different kinds of
graduation documents that can be presented to potential employers once students have completed their training. These documents can help showcase their skills and experience.
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Exton earn diplomas. Students also graduate prepared to take exams needed to earn ASE certifications, and training can be substituted for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
UTI’s Exton campus offers Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that give students the opportunity to gain additional experience and training with specific automotive manufacturers. They are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week BMW FastTrack program.
Training at UTI Exton can help students gain the experience needed for entry-level careers in the industry. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Potential entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
You can check out our career guide to learn more about potential career paths for automotive grads.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The search for “automotive schools near me” is over. UTI’s Exton campus is located close to Philadelphia and within driving distance of Dover Motor Speedway in Delaware.
750 Pennsylvania Drive
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
610-458-5595 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3072 |  Financial Aid
877-884-3986 |  Student Services
610-646-8654 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Exton offers several attractions for automotive students to enjoy when they’re not busy learning. Located in Pennsylvania close to Philadelphia, there’s access to a variety of attractions, including museums and parks. Automotive students will also appreciate the proximity to different raceways, including drag strip Maple Grove Raceway, Grandview Speedway, and Dover Motor Speedway in nearby Delaware.
Campus tours are offered Monday through Friday so you can check out UTI Exton’s classrooms and labs and get your questions answered. Schedule one below!
UTI offers in-person and virtual events throughout the year so you can get up to speed on what’s happening. Check out our events calendar below!
The education and experience students receive from the Automotive Technology program at UTI Exton can help prepare them for entry-level careers in the industry. Take the first step toward an exciting future by enrolling today. Use the link below to connect with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $21.80 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $15.23 and $13.48, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
47) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics will be 743,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career