State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Hands-on automotive technician training in Exton, Pennsylvania.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
With total auto technician employment expected to exceed 705,000 by 2030,47 it’s a great time to get trained for an entry-level career in the industry. Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Exton, Pennsylvania, is close to Philadelphia and features an Automotive Technology program that helps provide hands-on experience and education to the next generation of technicians.
Students in the Automotive Technology program get the opportunity to make repairs and perform maintenance on a range of vehicle models. Throughout the course, they gain industry-related experience that can be applied to careers once they graduate.1
Students also get a look at what training is like in the field thanks to the blended learning model that UTI follows. This method combines online instructor-led training with hands-on lab application, and it also offers students more flexibility with their schedules.18
Students in the Automotive Technology program gain foundational training they can build upon week after week, meaning all skill levels are welcome. Courses include:
UTI Exton Automotive program instructor Tom Brown’s family history with racing gave him a passion for the industry that he brings to teaching every day. He talks about the value of the relationships he has with students in this video.
There are different kinds of
graduation documents that can be presented to potential employers once students have completed their training. These documents can help showcase their skills and experience.
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Exton earn diplomas. Students also graduate prepared to take exams needed to earn ASE certifications, and training can be substituted for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
UTI’s Exton campus offers Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that give students the opportunity to gain additional experience and training with specific automotive manufacturers. They are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week BMW FastTrack program.
Graduates from UTI Exton gain the experience needed for entry-level careers in the industry. After spending time in the industry and expanding their skill sets, they have the potential to explore other career paths, including:
You can check out our career guide to learn more about potential career paths for automotive grads.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
UTI’s Exton campus is located close to Philadelphia and within driving distance of Dover Motor Speedway in Delaware.
750 Pennsylvania Drive
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
M-F | 8:30am & 2pm By Appointment Only
610-458-5595 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3072 |  Financial Aid
877-884-3986 |  Student Services
610-646-8654 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Campus tours are offered Monday through Friday so you can check out UTI Exton’s classrooms and labs and get your questions answered. Schedule one below!
UTI offers in-person and virtual events throughout the year so you can get up to speed on what’s happening. Check out our events calendar below!
The education and experience students receive from the Automotive Technology program at UTI Exton can help prepare them for entry-level careers in the industry. Take the first step toward an exciting future by enrolling today. Use the link below to connect with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 69,000 job openings between 2020 and 2030. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table
1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2020–30, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution
and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
47) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics will be 705,900 by 2030. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2020 and projected 2030,
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.