Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
More than 7 million automobiles were registered in the state of Florida in 2019. This made it the third highest state, only behind Texas and California. With so many vehicles on the road, Florida has a need for skilled automotive technicians. At UTI’s Orlando campus, you can train to become a tech in less than a year.7
In the Automotive Technology program at our Orlando campus, you can gain the skills and industry connections needed to help pursue a career in the automotive industry. This 51-week training program starts with core concepts and builds your knowledge from there, so no prior experience is required.
Our Orlando campus follows a blended learning model, which incorporates a combination of online instructor-led training with hands-on work in the lab.18 Not only can this provide more flexibility to you as a student, it could prepare you for the type of training technicians complete out in the field.
Students in the Automotive program learn to diagnose malfunctions in automotive mechanical and electrical systems and make necessary repairs and replacements. To stay current with the industry, they also train on hybrid and alternative-fuel vehicles.
Here’s a quick look at some course topics included in the program:
Meet David Watkins, an Automotive instructor at UTI Orlando. For him, helping his students realize their potential and seeing what they can do is the most rewarding thing about teaching.
When choosing a school, it’s important to consider the graduation documentation you’ll earn upon completing a program. This documentation serves as a symbol of your training and may help in qualifying you for career opportunities.
As a graduate of the Automotive Technology program at the Orlando campus, you’ll earn an Occupational Associate Degree (OAD). Additionally, you’ll be prepared to take the exams required to earn ASE certifications, which are highly valued in the industry. Your training will also substitute for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.16
The Orlando campus offers two Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training programs: Ford Accelerated Credential Training (FACT) and BMW FastTrack.
Completing an automotive training program prepares graduates to pursue a variety of career opportunities. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Check out our automotive career guide to learn more about potential career paths.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The Orlando campus is located near exciting attractions like Universal Studios Florida, Walt Disney World Resort and Daytona Beach. This is a great place to call home while you complete your automotive training!
2202 West Taft Vineland Road
Orlando, FL 32837
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
407-240-2422 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-247-1928 |  Financial Aid
800-342-9253 |  Student Services
321-281-9740 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Orlando hosts guided tours Monday through Friday, so you can come see the campus for yourself! This is a great way to learn whether training here is the right choice for you.
UTI hosts virtual and in-person events throughout the year. Click the link below to view a schedule of what’s coming up!
If you’re ready to learn in-demand skills to prepare for a career in the automotive industry, now’s the time. Click the link below to get more information and connect with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started on enrolling.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
16) Not all programs are accredited by the ASE Education Foundation.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career