Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Universal Technical Institute (UTI) features a diesel school near Coral Springs, Florida, that offers hands-on training developed with the help of industry leaders.18 Throughout the program, students learn to inspect, repair and maintain various diesel engines and equipment to help prepare them to pursue careers within the field.1
Are you still running “diesel mechanic school near me” searches? UTI has a Miramar, FL, diesel mechanic school that’s about 27 miles south of Coral Springs and offers a 45-week7 Diesel training program. The facility’s state-of-the-industry labs are outfitted with current technology and several pieces of diesel-powered equipment, allowing students to gain hands-on training relevant to the industry.
The learning model combines online instruction and in-person application to create a realistic training environment that mirrors the one students would encounter in the field.
UTI’s strong industry relationships have helped to create an industry-aligned course structure. Diesel school courses include:
After completing the core Diesel Technology program, students may wish to explore specialized training options. UTI offers five diesel-focused
Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs at other UTI campuses nationwide. Students can apply and train to earn certifications and qualifications specific to leading industry brands. The programs include:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for bus and truck mechanics and diesel engine specialists in the South Florida area was $56,190 in May 2022.29 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
People in these roles can be found across several industries, including power generation, trucking, transportation and agriculture.1
Upon completing diesel mechanic training, most of our grads start out working in entry-level roles like one of the following:
While most of our grads start out in entry-level roles, as with any industry, over time, graduates may be able to advance in their careers with hard work.77 Advanced diesel technician jobs include:
To learn more about diesel technician career paths, check out our careers page. Keep in mind — diesel career path opportunities can vary by region and current demand. If you have questions regarding opportunities near Coral Springs, contact our Career Services team.1
Located about 27 miles south of Coral Springs, getting to UTI’s diesel mechanic school in Miramar is as simple as following these steps (this route has tolls):
2601 SW 145th Avenue     Miramar, FL 33027 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
Not sure diesel mechanic school is for you? UTI Miramar also offers Automotive, Welding, and Airframe & Powerplant training programs.79
*Airframe & Powerplant program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
At UTI’s 51-week7 automotive mechanic school, students receive hands-on training18 using current tools, technology and equipment. Comprehensive courses help prepare them for the rapidly evolving industry.
Graduates receive an occupational associate degree (OAD) in recognition of their acquired skills and knowledge.
Our 36-week welding school in Miramar was created with the help of Lincoln Electric, a leader in the manufacturing and design of welding technology. Students practice the four main types of arc welding using tools and technology current to the field.
They also learn welding positions, welding codes, blueprint reading, safety standards and more. Graduates earn diplomas and can begin pursuing entry-level welding roles.
Students in the 18-month airframe and powerplant school receive practical training in aircraft maintenance and repair.79 Courses like Airframe Electrical, Basic Sheet Metal, and Turbine Designs and Operations are designed to offer exciting, hands-on instruction and conclude with a diploma that verifies graduates’ knowledge for potential employers.1(Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.)
You could train to become a diesel technician in less than a year7 at UTI Miramar. Start today — Fill out a diesel mechanic school application or request info below to connect with an Admissions Representative!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
46) Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA and 95% attendance rate.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career