Download our catalogs and learn about programs, courses, tuition, fees, admissions and much more.
State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can train in less than a year.7
By submitting this form, I agree that Universal Technical Institute, Inc., Custom Training Group, Inc., and their representatives may email, call, and / or text me with marketing messages about educational programs and services, as well as for school - related communications, at any phone number I provide, including a wireless number, using prerecorded calls or automated technology. I understand that my consent is not required to apply, enroll or make any purchase.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
Program scheduled to begin September 2021.
Learn about Fendt tractor history and innovations, information systems and equipment, model identification, operations and maintenance services, and the 10-step customer/machine resolution process.
Participate in an electrical boot camp, learn about the CAN network and master Fendt tractor controller ID subjects. Get experience with calibrations, troubleshooting and practical applications.
Learn about engine specifications, engine ID and basic engine structure, and testing and diagnostics on engine systems. Subjects covered include lubrication, cooling, air induction, fuel, exhaust and aftertreatment.
Get a component overview and theory of operation, CVT insert training, and training on VarioDrive operation, drive lines and brakes.
Students learn about operation/system flow and hydraulic pressures. Coursework also covers pneumatic systems and pressure testing.
The program concludes with training on the Fendt Auto-Guide, the Fendt Task Doc/Pro and Fendt Connect systems.
Students in the Fendt Technician Academy diagnose and service genuine Fendt tractor equipment in a supportive instructor-led environment. In classroom and shop/lab exercises, students take agricultural mechanic courses covering these topics:
The advanced Fendt Technician Academy program trains students to work with Fendt’s exclusive FUSE® technology. Students gain in-depth knowledge about the brand’s engines, powertrains, hydraulics and electronics.
The Fendt Technician Academy prepares graduates for employment at hundreds of Fendt dealers throughout North America.1 The program helps diesel technicians gain valuable skills and provides the following advantages:
Fendt Technician Academy graduates earn certifications that prepare them for careers as agricultural mechanics, tractor mechanics and more.
UTI is the only school that provides the manufacturer-specific Fendt Technician Academy training.
Both the program and housing costs are covered for students during the 12-week Fendt Technician Academy.
Students in the Fendt Technician Academy learn from instructors who have decades of combined experience working with Fendt equipment.
Fendt Technician Academy provides advanced training to work for Fendt tractor dealerships. Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to be considered for program admission:
• Minimum high school graduate or GED
• Completion of UTI's core Diesel Technology curriculum
• If accepted, sign a commitment contract with AGCO Corporation for a minimum one year of employment at a Fendt dealership
• Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the duration of core diesel training
• If accepted, pass drug and background checks
Get Fendt Technician Academy training at this UTI campus:
Student requests to move to another session will be evaluated based on the reason for the request and class availability.
Each student graduates with Fendt Associate and Expert certifications.
After completing your core 45-week diesel or 75-week auto + diesel program at UTI, you can apply for the 12-week Fendt Technician Academy Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training program.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for diesel mechanics was $48,500 in May 2019.29 This means half of technicians earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including employer, demand and cost of living in the area. To learn about the annual median wages for diesel technicians across the U.S., check out our diesel technician salary guide.
Yes. In UTI’s Fendt Technician Academy, students learn how to diagnose and repair leading tractor equipment. Graduates are prepared to work as entry-level agricultural mechanics for Fendt. The program requires a minimum one-year commitment for employment at a Fendt Tractor dealership.
Yes. UTI’s core diesel mechanic program and Fendt Technician Academy MSAT prepare students to work on farm equipment and Fendt tractors. The Fendt Technician Academy is a manufacturer-paid program and also includes coverage for housing costs.
Apply for UTI’s exclusive 12-week Fendt tractor training today! Contact us to learn more.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
29) Estimated annual median salary for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2019. UTI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a diesel truck technician, such as maintenance technician, locomotive technician and marine diesel technician. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $29,730 to $47,690 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2018 data, viewed September 10, 2020). North Carolina salary information: The U.S. Department of Labor estimate of hourly earnings of the middle 50% for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina, published May 2019, is $22.04. The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.05 and $15.42, respectively. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2018. Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, viewed September 14, 2020.) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.