Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Transportation is among Houston’s top industries, making it a great place to get trained and pursue an automotive career. If you’ve been looking for “automotive training near me” in an area that can provide you with the knowledge, skills and industry connections needed to help set you up for success, look no further than UTI Houston.
With the Automotive Technology program at our Houston campus, the search for automotive training near you is over. You can train to become a skilled auto technician in just 51 weeks. This training is made up of foundational courses that are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up with no prior experience required.
The Houston auto school campus follows a blended learning model, which combines online instructor-led training with hands-on application.18 This aligns with the type of training technicians complete out in the field, and it also means more flexibility for you as a student.
As an automotive student at UTI Houston, you’ll gain the basic knowledge and skills to diagnose, maintain and repair domestic and import vehicles. You’ll even learn to work on high-performance engines in our Power & Performance lab. Course topics in the auto school program include:
Get to know Mark Jenkins, an automotive program instructor at UTI Houston. He grew up on the racetrack and built his own cars. He later decided to pass on his knowledge to the next generation by becoming an instructor.
As an aspiring technician, your graduation documents can show your commitment and skill level to prospective employers.
At UTI Houston, graduates of the 51-week Automotive Technology program earn an Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree. Those who choose to continue their training to complete the Ford Accelerated Credential Training (FACT) program also earn a diploma as a FACT graduate.
Additionally, as an automotive grad, you’ll be prepared to take the exams required to earn ASE certifications, which are highly valued by the industry. You can also substitute your training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The Houston auto school campus offers two Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that allow Automotive students to gain additional training and experience working with specific manufacturers. They are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week BMW FastTrack program.
If you're searching for "automotive training near me," UTI's program could be a great fit for you. Our automotive training is designed to prepare you for a career as an entry-level technician. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Want more information on potential career paths? Check out our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Conveniently located near IAH Airport, the Houston campus is just a drive away from exciting attractions. These include downtown Houston, Lake Conroe and NASA’s Johnson Space Center, just to name a few.
721 Lockhaven Drive
Houston, TX 77073
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
281-443-6262 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-1249 |  Financial Aid
800-510-5072 |  Student Services
281-214-7251 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Houston hosts guided tours Monday through Friday, so you can experience the excitement of the campus firsthand! It’s the perfect way to see how training at UTI could be the right path for you.
UTI puts on a variety of virtual and in-person events throughout the year. Click the link below to see what’s coming up so you don’t miss out!
For those searching for “automotive training near me” – look no further than UTI Houston. Houston is a vibrant and diverse city with a ton of fun activities to enjoy. Some popular options include visiting the Space Center Houston, which offers interactive exhibits and behind-the-scenes looks at NASA's operations, or taking a stroll through the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center to see a variety of native plant and animal species. Automotive or motorsports fans will appreciate being able to visit Houston Motorsports Park or Houston Raceway Park to catch life events.
There’s a demand for automotive technicians. If you’re ready to get on track toward a career, now’s the time. Automotive classes start every 3 weeks. Request information to connect with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.