Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Welders have their hands in many different industries, from automotive parts production to construction projects. They use their skills to melt down materials to produce new parts and structures.
If you’ve been searching for “Welding classes near me,” you’re in the right spot. The Welding Technology program offered at Universal Technical Institute (UTI) helps students gain the skills and experience needed for entry-level careers in the industry.1 UTI’s Exton campus is located close to Philadelphia, a great place to start your training.
There are four main types of arc welding processes used in the industry today, and UTI Welding students are trained on how to perform these. They include:
Photo from UTI Houston campus
The search for “welding classes near me” has brought you here to UTI, where our curriculum covers the same topics understood by professionals in the field. In addition to learning the four main arc welding processes, students in the Welding Technology program are taught how to weld in a variety of positions, which helps them prepare to become combination welders. Courses covered in the program include:
From construction to manufacturing, trained welders can work in a range of industries. Employers are looking to hire skilled welders for careers in the industry. Find out more here.
Employers hiring for welding positions will often look at a candidate’s graduation documents from the place they received their training. Graduates from UTI Exton’s
Welding program earn diplomas.
Lincoln Electric is a leader in the development, design and manufacturing of welding technology — and UTI is proud to have a relationship with them. Curriculum in the Welding Technology program has been developed alongside Lincoln Electric, which allows UTI Exton students to train with the brand’s state-of-the industry technology and VRTEX® virtual welders.
Most of our grads start out working as entry-level welders or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. There are several entry-level and advanced roles that welders can pursue careers in, including:77
Find out more about these opportunities by checking out our welding career guide here!
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The search for “welding classes near me” is over. UTI Exton is located near Philadelphia, where you can explore famous historic sites and attractions. There are also several raceways and speedways in the area, including Pocono Raceway, which is known as the “Tricky Triangle” due to its unique track design.
750 Pennsylvania Drive
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
610-458-5595 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3072 |  Financial Aid
877-884-3986 |  Student Services
610-646-8654 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Exton is a great home base for students in the welding program. Located near Philadelphia, there’s plenty to explore during free time. From local landmarks like the Liberty Bell to sprawling parks where you can enjoy the outdoors, there’s always something to do. Racing or motocross enthusiasts won’t be disappointed by the access to different venues that include Maple Grove Raceway and the Pagoda Motorcycle Club Motocross Track.
If you want to check out the UTI Exton campus for yourself, tours are offered in-person Monday through Friday. Book one below!
UTI hosts events both virtually and in-person year-round, so you can stay up to date with what’s going on. View the events calendar below!
If you’ve been looking for “welding classes near me,” you’re in the right place. Students can graduate from the Welding Technology program in as little as 36 weeks. Connect with an Admissions Representative today to get more information!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career