State-of-the-art, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
California is the most populous state in the U.S., and its roads have a consistent flow of traffic. There are millions of cars on the road, all of which need maintenance and repair. This makes the state a great place to live if you’re considering a career in the automotive industry. In less than a year, you can get trained as a skilled auto technician at our Long Beach campus.7
The Automotive Technology program at Universal Technical Institute is designed to get you career-ready in just 51 weeks,1 building your knowledge from the ground up. Whether you’ve grown up tinkering on cars or are brand new to the industry, this program can help equip you with the skills you need to feel confident when pursuing a career in the field.
At the Long Beach campus, you’ll follow UTI’s blended learning model, which incorporates a mix of online instructor-led training with hands-on application. This can give you more flexibility while you complete your program, and it also aligns with the type of training techs complete in the industry.
Students in the Automotive program gain a variety of skills that can be built on throughout the course of their careers. Course topics in the program include:
Meet Ethan Cline, an Automotive instructor at the Long Beach campus. As a UTI grad himself, he has a passion for the industry and enjoys passing his knowledge to the next generation.
When researching any type of training, it’s important to know the graduation documents you’ll earn upon completion of the program. This documentation is something prospective employers could take into consideration when making hiring decisions.
As an Automotive graduate from the Long Beach campus, you’ll earn an Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree.
Additionally, students who complete UTI’s Automotive training are prepared to test for ASE certifications, which are highly valued by the industry. Their training can also substitute for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
UTI Long Beach offers the BMW FastTrack Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) program. This 12-week program gives students the opportunity to gain skills specific to working with BMW’s lineup of vehicles. Upon completion of the program,
they earn seven factory credentials.
Within the automotive industry, there are many different routes a skilled technician can take as they advance during their career. Some of these include:
To learn more about these careers and others, read our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Long Beach offers a variety of things to see and do, making it a great place to call home while you train. The campus is located near exciting attractions like Knott’s Berry Farm, the Long Beach Motorsports Walk of Fame and, of course, the beautiful California coastline. UTI Long Beach is also close to several freeways, making it easy to navigate to and from.
4175 East Conant Street
Long Beach, CA 90808
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
M-F | 10am & 2pm | Campus Tours
562-541-7000 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
844-308-8840 |  Financial Aid
844-308-8838 |  Student Services
562-541-7058 |  Employment Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Long Beach hosts guided tours Monday through Friday, where you can experience what it’s like to be on campus. You’ll meet our staff, see our labs in action and of have the chance to get answers to your questions about UTI.
UTI hosts a variety of different events, both in-person and virtual. Check out our events calendar to see what we have coming up!
Classes at UTI start every 3 to 6 weeks, so there’s no waiting for next semester. If you’re ready to start your journey, request information to connect with an Admissions Representative today. We’re here to support you and help you pursue your dream career!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
25) Estimated annual median salary for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. Entry-level salaries may be lower. UTI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a technician, such as service writer, smog inspector and parts manager. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (49-3023) is $30,308 to $53,146 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2019 data, viewed June 2, 2021, https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). North Carolina salary information: The U.S. Department of Labor estimate of hourly earnings of the middle 50% for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina, published May 2021, is $20.59. The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.55 and $11.27, respectively. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020. Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, viewed June 2, 2021.)
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 69,000 job openings between 2020 and 2030. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2020–30, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Updated on November 18, 2021.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.