Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
You can get trained in robotics and automation in conveniently located Exton, Pennsylvania, a history-rich town that’s a suburb of artistic, exciting Philadelphia.
Universal Technical Institute’s (UTI) Exton campus features state-of-the-industry labs for hands-on learning. You’ll also find supportive, caring teachers, a student community and a convenient shuttle bus to Philadelphia.
Being a robotics and automation technician means utilizing robots to automate tasks and working alongside engineers to integrate, maintain and troubleshoot robotic work cells and automated systems.
In this program coming to UTI Exton, students are equipped with the foundation needed to pursue entry-level careers as robotics and automation technicians.1
What does it take to become a robotics and automation technician? At UTI’s Exton campus, it means training in just 51 weeks!
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to UTI Exton.
Taking courses at UTI’s Exton campus means hands-on learning and knowledge built from the ground up. Some highlighted courses:
The Exton campus can be a great place to train in robotics and automation. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Philadelphia-area annual median salary for electro-mechanical and mechatronics technologists and technicians was $62,010 in May 2022.59 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Graduates of the Robotics & Automation Technician program are prepared to pursue entry-level careers like:77
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for robotics and automation technicians in the United States was $60,570 in May 2022.59 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area. Robotics and automation can be a good career for those who love technology, enjoy basic math and want a career that’s hands-on with variety in the day-to-day work.
Some skills that a robotics and automation technician might possess include basic math skills, an understanding of 3D printing, basic programming knowledge, computer skills, the ability to take initiative and the desire to collaborate with other workers, as robotics technicians often work with engineers.
Time lengths can vary based on the programs and paths chosen. UTI’s Robotics & Automation Technician program in Exton is designed to be completed in just 51 weeks!
With Philadelphia an hour away and just a few hours away from New York City, UTI’s Exton campus can be a great place to train. Exton is known as the “shopping center” for many suburbs of Philadelphia with its malls and downtown center.
UTI’s Exton campus features a state-of-the-industry Roush Yates Power & Performance lab. Some students have even reported driving from another state to get training here!
750 Pennsylvania Drive
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
610-458-5595 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3072 |  Financial Aid
877-884-3986 |  Student Services
610-646-8654 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
For 51 weeks of hands-on training with supportive instructors, the UTI Exton campus can be a great place to train in robotics and automation. There’s no pressure to commit, so you can get your questions answered by clicking on the button below.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
59) The Robotics & Automation Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as robotics & automation technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as robotics & automation technicians, such as control systems technicians and maintenance technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians (17-3024) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $43,670 to $52,960 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled robotics & automation technicians in North Carolina is $23.74 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $19.77 and $16.62, respectively.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career