Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
In search of a diesel school near Pembroke Pines, Florida? It doesn’t get much closer than Universal Technical Institute’s Miramar location! Our campus is approximately 5 miles from Pembroke Pines and offers an industry-aligned Diesel training program that can be completed in less than one year!7
UTI offers a Miramar, FL, diesel mechanic school, where students train for 45 weeks in a blended-learning format. They spend part of their time doing online instruction and the other part practicing in labs complete with state-of-the-industry tools and technology. Developed with the help of industry leaders, our learning model mimics the training structure that entry-level diesel techs typically encounter.
Students in the Diesel training program build a practical and foundational skill set that allows them to inspect, diagnose, repair and maintain various diesel engines and equipment.
Program grads earn diplomas and can begin pursuing entry-level roles as diesel technicians.1
Diesel school courses at UTI Miramar include:
Upon graduating from the Diesel Technology program at UTI Miramar, some students could choose to pursue specialized diesel training at another one of UTI’s campuses located across the country. UTI’s specialized training programs provide opportunities to earn manufacturer-specific credentials and qualifications. Programs available to eligible students include:
Transportation, construction, agriculture and power generation – all these key industries rely on knowledgeable diesel technicians, making this an incredibly important and in-demand field. In fact, there are more than 28,000 estimated average annual diesel technician job openings in the United States.43
When it comes to salary, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the median annual salary for bus and truck mechanics and diesel engine specialists in the South Florida area was $56,190 in May 2022.29 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
The type of diesel career opportunities available can vary by city, region and state. UTI has a trained team of Career Advisors who can assist students with spotting nearby opportunities that interest them and line up with their qualifications.1
The Diesel mechanic training program at UTI Miramar preps students to pursue entry-level careers, which may include:
While most of our grads start as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles, as with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work.77
Visit our diesel technician careers page to learn more about potential career paths you may be able to pursue.
Your “diesel mechanic school near me” search may have identified UTI Miramar as the nearest option, as it is only 5 miles from Pembroke Pines! Drop in for a campus tour — getting here is simple:
2601 SW 145th Avenue     Miramar, FL 33027 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
In addition to Diesel, UTI Miramar offers three other trade school training programs — Automotive, Welding, and Airframe & Powerplant.79
*Airframe & Powerplant program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
At UTI’s auto mechanic school, students acquire knowledge that can help them pursue entry-level roles in the industry. Our 51-week program7 covers topics like engine repair and servicing, emissions performance, electronic systems, and more. Graduates receive an occupational associate degree (OAD).
Our 36-week welding school introduces students to various types of welding processes and safety protocols used in the industry. Experienced instructors guide students through simulations that mirror scenarios they could encounter in the field, so they’re prepared to apply their skills to real projects.1 Students graduate with a diploma and can apply for entry-level welder, fabricator or fitter roles.
The airframe and powerplant mechanic school79 at UTI Miramar is designed to be an 18-month program that teaches students how to maintain, diagnose and repair different types of aircraft and related components. Students do not need any experience to enroll. The program is led by expert instructors who help students develop a foundational knowledge from the ground up. (Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.)
Look no further than UTI Miramar’s diesel school. Our industry relationships, supportive instructors and Career Services team can help prepare you to pursue a career as a diesel mechanic in less than one year.7 Fill out a diesel mechanic school application today or request info below to speak with an Admissions Representative!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
43) For Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 28,500 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
46) Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA and 95% attendance rate.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career