Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Since 2006, Universal Technical Institute’s Sacramento campus has trained technicians for careers in the skilled trades. One of the programs offered at the campus is the 51-week Automotive Technology program,7 which is designed to prepare students for entry-level roles in the field. Graduates are also prepared to test for auto mechanic certifications upon completing the program. If you’re passionate about cars and are looking for a school in the area, look no further than UTI Sacramento.
The Automotive Technology program is designed to help prepare students for careers1 in just 51 weeks. The program includes foundational courses that help provide students with a well-rounded set of skills they can build upon.
The search for “automotive training near me” is over. At the Sacramento campus, you’ll follow UTI’s blended learning model, which includes online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18 This approach can help students prepare for the type of training that technicians receive in the field.
Automotive students take a variety of courses that help prepare them for the industry and to test for auto mechanic certifications after graduation. Topics covered include:
Ken Harland is a proud employer of UTI grads in the Sacramento area. He’s also a UTI grad himself! Find out why he chooses to hire from UTI.
At UTI Sacramento, graduates of the Automotive Technology II program earn Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees. The campus also offers the Auto/Diesel Technology II program, which is designed for students interested in both the automotive and diesel industries. Graduates of this program also earn AOS degrees.
AOS degrees are typically earned through vocational-level training and programs. Overall, AOS degrees provide a valuable and practical education that can lead to a range of opportunities, as they help demonstrate you’re equipped with the skills needed for your selected industry.
Additionally, automotive grads are prepared to test for ASE certification and can substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
ASE certification is a credential that is earned by automotive professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competency in their field. ASE certification is highly respected in the industry and a great way to boost your resume.
Students who enroll in manufacturer-specific training (like Ford FACT) can also prepare to test for auto mechanic certifications specific to the brand.6
The Sacramento campus offers UTI’s 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (Ford FACT), which is designed to be taken after the completion of the core automotive program. Students in the specialized training program receive the same Ford Service Technician Specialty Training (STST) that Ford provides to its dealership technicians!
Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Interested in learning more? Read our automotive career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The UTI Sacramento campus is located near exciting attractions like Golden 1 Center, art museums and historic parks. It’s also a short drive from Sacramento International Airport.
4100 Duckhorn Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10am & 2pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
916-263-9100 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3432 |  Financial Aid
877-884-2254 |  Student Services
916-473-6200 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Sacramento hosts guided tours Monday through Friday, so you can experience the excitement of the campus firsthand! It’s the perfect way to see how training at UTI could be the right path for you.
From workshops to industry days, UTI puts on a variety of events each year. View our events calendar to see what’s coming up.
If you’ve been searching for “automotive training near me” – your search is over! UTI Sacramento serves as a great home base to train for the industry. The city of Sacramento has a rich history and a variety of fun things to do, from visiting museums like the California Automobile Museum to checking out the animals at the Sacramento Zoo. For those interested in the racing scene, Sacramento Raceway Park, All American Speedway and Marysville Raceway are all great options to get in on the action.
Ready to learn more about automotive technician training at UTI Sacramento? Request information today and we’ll connect you with an Admissions Representative who can help you get started.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $21.80 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $15.23 and $13.48, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career