Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
With total auto technician employment expected to be 743,800 by 2031,47 there’s no better time to get trained for the industry. The Automotive Technology program at Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Rancho Cucamonga, California, helps students gain the education and hands-on experience needed to help fill these openings.1 The program can also help prepare students to test for auto mechanic certifications after graduation.
If you’ve been looking for automotive training near you, the Automotive Technology program offered at UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus covers the topics aspiring automotive technicians need to know. From brakes to advanced diagnostics, students learn how to perform maintenance and repairs on a range of vehicle makes and models.
Over the course of the program, students follow UTI’s blended learning model, which combines online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18 This mirrors the training that techs receive in the field today.
Classes covered in the Automotive program help students build a foundation of knowledge week after week, meaning all skill levels are welcome. Topics can also help students prepare to test for auto mechanic certifications after graduation. Courses include:
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as an automotive technician, it helps to know some of the skills employers are looking for. Watch this video to get an overview of some of the common traits of techs in the industry.
Prospective employers often take graduation documents into consideration when making hiring decisions, so knowing what to expect when enrolling in a training program is helpful.
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga earn Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees.
AOS degree programs are focused primarily on vocational skills and provide training for a specific career field. They provide practical, hands-on training and skills so students can gain real-world experience.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is an organization that certifies professionals in the automotive repair and service industry. Obtaining the ASE auto mechanic certification is a way for technicians to demonstrate their commitment to continuing education and staying up to date with the latest developments in the field.
Graduates of UTI's Automotive Technology program are also prepared to test for ASE certifications and substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
Those who enroll in additional manufacturer-specific training could also prepare to test for brand-specific auto mechanic certifications.6
The Rancho Cucamonga campus offers two Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that students can apply for after completing their core Automotive training. These additional training opportunities allow students to work closely with a brand they’re passionate about and gain more in-depth skills that can be helpful in the industry.
The specialized programs offered at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week Toyota Professional Automotive Technician program (TPAT).
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are prepared for entry-level careers. As with any industry, over time, grads may be able to advance in their careers with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles might include:77
Learn more about potential career paths for Automotive grads by reading our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Rancho Cucamonga is a great place to complete automotive training. Located close to Los Angeles, you can enjoy many nearby attractions like Auto Club Speedway, or use your free time to escape to one of the nearby beaches. Get a look at the campus in this video!
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F | 10am & 1pm
SAT | 9am & 1pm
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Rancho Cucamonga hosts guided tours Monday through Friday to allow you to meet our staff, ask questions and see our labs in action. Schedule one today!
You can attend events to get involved with UTI and learn more about the opportunities in the industry. We host virtual and in-person events through the year — check out our calendar below!
Those searching for “automotive training near me” are in luck with UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus. Rancho Cucamonga is a city that offers a variety of fun activities for residents and boasts great year-round weather. Of course, one of the things that makes the city the most popular is the nearby beaches that students can enjoy when they’re not in class. Rancho is also near Los Angeles, which features endless entertainment options and landmarks that include the Griffith Observatory and Universal Studios. Racing enthusiasts can also make a trek to the Orange Show Speedway to catch a live event!
The Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga offers flexible start dates for classes. Training at UTI can help give you the hands-on experience and education you need for an entry-level career in the automotive industry. Request more information below to connect with an Admissions Representative, who can help you get started!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $21.80 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $15.23 and $13.48, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
47) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics will be 743,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career