State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Automotive technician training in Rancho Cucamonga, California.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
With total auto technician employment expected to exceed 705,000 by 2030,47 there’s no better time to get trained for the industry. The Automotive Technology program at Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Rancho Cucamonga, California, helps students gain the education and hands-on experience needed to help fill these openings.1
The Automotive Technology program offered at UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus covers the topics aspiring automotive technicians need to know. From brakes to advanced diagnostics, students learn how to perform maintenance and repairs on a range of vehicle makes and models.
Over the course of the program, students follow UTI’s blended learning model, which combines online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18 This mirrors the training that techs receive in the field today.
Classes covered in the Automotive program help students build a foundation of knowledge week after week, meaning all skill levels are welcome. Courses include:
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as an automotive technician, it helps to know some of the skills employers are looking for. Watch this video to get an overview of some of the common traits of techs in the industry.
Prospective employers often take graduation documents into consideration when making hiring decisions, so knowing what to expect when enrolling in a training program is helpful.
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga earn Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees. Graduates are also prepared to test for ASE certifications and substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The Rancho Cucamonga campus offers two Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs that students can apply for after completing their core Automotive training. These additional training opportunities allow students to work closely with a brand they’re passionate about and gain more in-depth skills that can be helpful in the industry.
The specialized programs offered at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are the 15-week Ford Accelerated Credential Training program (FACT) and the 12-week Toyota Professional Automotive Technician program (TPAT).
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are prepared for entry-level careers. After gaining experience and skills, however, automotive technicians can explore different opportunities in the industry. Some of these might include:
Learn more about potential career paths for Automotive grads by reading our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Rancho Cucamonga is a great place to complete automotive training. Located close to Los Angeles, you can enjoy many nearby attractions like Auto Club Speedway, or use your free time to escape to one of the nearby beaches. Get a look at the campus in this video!
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
M-F | 10:30am & 3:30pm | Campus Tours
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Rancho Cucamonga hosts guided tours Monday through Friday to allow you to meet our staff, ask questions and see our labs in action. Schedule one today!
You can attend events to get involved with UTI and learn more about the opportunities in the industry. We host virtual and in-person events through the year — check out our calendar below!
The Automotive Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga offers flexible start dates for classes. Training at UTI can help give you the hands-on experience and education you need for an entry-level career in the automotive industry. Request more information below to connect with an Admissions Representative, who can help you get started!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 69,000 job openings between 2020 and 2030. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2020–30, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
47) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics will be 705,900 by 2030. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2020 and projected 2030, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.