Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
According to the BLS, the median annual salary for robotics and automation technicians in the United States was $60,360 in May 2021.59
This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Of the states with available data, the following had the highest median annual salary for electro-mechanical and mechatronics technologists and technicians in May 2021.*
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
If you’re interested in becoming a robotics technician, we can help. Our program is designed to take about a year and a half or less to complete and will help prepare you to pursue an entry-level career in robotics and automation.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
59) The Robotics & Automation program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as robotics & automation technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as robotics & automation technicians, such as control systems technicians and maintenance technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians (17-3024) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $43,670 to $52,960 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled robotics & automation technicians in North Carolina is $26.76 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $22.71 and $17.96, respectively.
67) For Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 1,100 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI and MIAT prepare graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career