Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Every day, accidents happen on the road … and we rely on trained technicians to fix the damage. If you’re interested in a career working on all types of vehicles, consider becoming a collision repair technician. In less than a year, you can get the training you need right here at our Houston campus.7
In the Collision Repair & Refinish Technology (CRRT) program, you can prepare to become a skilled collision repair technician in just 51 to 54 weeks. UTI’s program was developed with I-CAR, the provider of collision repair training standards as defined by the industry.
Students in the collision repair program at UTI Houston gain the skills needed to reshape and restore a wide variety of vehicles. They get hands-on experience working with the tools, equipment and technology used in collision repair centers across the country. Course topics in the program include:
Hear from Britton Drown, Service King Collision Repair Center’s communications manager, on the demand for collision repair technicians and how UTI can get you ready to pursue a career in the industry.
Before enrolling in a training program, it’s important to research the documentation awarded to graduates. This helps demonstrate a graduate’s skill level and commitment to prospective employers.
At UTI Houston, students who complete the Collision Repair & Refinish Technology or Collision Repair & Refinish Technology + Estimating program receive a diploma. They also receive I-CAR certifications for:
In addition, grads who earn the Axalta Refinish Certification receive Refinish Technician Level 3 status to become Platinum individuals. After their program, some grads choose to test for additional certifications, such as 3M Plastics and Composite Repair Systems or the Chief Velocity Certification.
As a student in the collision repair program, you can feel confident knowing you’ll gain the knowledge and skills valued by the industry. In addition to I-CAR, the program was created with five industry-leading brands:
UTI’s collision repair training is designed to get you on track toward a career as an entry-level technician. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some common entry-level and advanced collision repair roles include:77
Want more information on potential career paths? Check out our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
With attractions like Lake Conroe and NASA’s Johnson Space Center being just a short drive away, UTI Houston can be a great place to complete your training. The campus is also conveniently located near IAH Airport.
721 Lockhaven Drive
Houston, TX 77073
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
281-443-6262 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-1249 |  Financial Aid
800-510-5072 |  Student Services
281-214-7251 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Houston is open Monday through Friday for guided campus tours. We encourage you to come visit the campus so you can see what it’s like to train at UTI firsthand!
From workshops to open houses to industry days, UTI hosts a variety of in-person and virtual events throughout the year. If you’re interested in seeing what’s coming up, just click the link below.
Ready to get on track toward a career and gain skills that last a lifetime? UTI’s classes start every 3 weeks, so there’s no waiting for next semester. To start your journey and get connected with an Admissions Representative, request information today.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
28) UTI’s Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology (CRRT) Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as collision repair technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Body and Related Repairers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a collision repair technician, such as appraiser, estimator and inspector. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Body and Related Repairers (49-3021) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $30,400 to $34,240 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled collision repair technicians in North Carolina is $22.35 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Body and Related Repairers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.80 and $14.95, respectively.
44) For Automotive Body and Related Repairers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 15,200 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career