Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is the process of testing or analyzing products, materials, structures and more to discover any defects and ensure quality standards are met. From the roads we drive on to the buildings we work and live in, NDT is critical to what people do.
When looking for non-destructive testing schools near you, consider MIAT College of Technology’s campus in Houston, Texas! At MIAT Houston, students receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-industry labs. Insightful, supportive instructors are there to guide you as you complete training in just 9 months!
Non-Destructive Testing classes at MIAT Houston are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up with a curriculum tailored to fit industry needs. Here are details for some of the non-destructive training courses you could take at MIAT Houston:
This course explains the theory of visual inspection and incorporates necessary didactic information. The equipment used will be presented, explained and demonstrated.
This course explains the theory of penetrant inspection and incorporates essential didactic information.
Students dive into the theory of eddy current inspection and will incorporate the didactic information needed.
Students learn the theory of magnetic particle inspection, and they’ll incorporate the essential didactic information.
Students explore the theory of ultrasound inspection and learn to incorporate fundamental didactic information.
This course delves into the theory of radiography inspection, as the equipment is presented to help students incorporate the knowledge gained from this course.
NDT is a complex field, and technicians often take pride in the significance of their work. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Entry-level and advanced roles could include:78
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for non-destructive technicians in the Houston area was $61,950 in May 2021.62 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
There’s also a demand for qualified non-destructive testing technicians. In fact, total non-destructive testing technician employment is expected to exceed 78,000 by 2031.76
Some major NDT testing methods include eddy current, visual penetrant, magnetic particle, and ultrasound and radiography. Although there are many different approaches, each testing method is important to ensure the quality and safety in products, structures and more.
While the answer widely depends on personal preferences and career aspirations, many consider NDT testing a good career path because of its flexibility and versatility as a role that’s crucial to many industries.
A great way to start pursuing a career in NDT would be to receive formal training to get hands-on experience and gain the skills and confidence needed to enter the industry. At MIAT Houston, you could complete training in just 9 months.1
Houston is a bustling city with something for nearly everyone, be it beautiful hikes, art, concerts, sporting events or great eats, making the MIAT Houston campus a great place to train. Plus, our Advanced Non-Destructive Technician training program is designed to be completed in just 9 months, so students can feel confident pursuing a career in an industry they’re passionate about.
Seeing makes the difference. Decide if MIAT Houston’s non-destructive technician training is right for you by scheduling a campus tour.
533 Northpark Central Drive
Houston, TX 77073
888-547-7047 | Campus
Whether you have a passion for non-destructive testing (NDT) or are looking to train for a hands-on career, our Admissions Representatives would be happy to answer your questions and help you get started. Click on the button below for more information.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
62) The Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as non-destructive testing technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Engineering Technologists and Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as non-destructive testing technicians, such as quality control technicians and inspectors. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is available at https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#. Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled non-destructive testing technicians in North Carolina is $32.29 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Engineering Technologists and Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $22.71 and $17.04, respectively.
76) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Engineering Technologists and Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other will be 78,900 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
78) MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MIAT prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. MIAT graduates’ achievements may vary. Some MIAT graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career