State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
Welders use their skills and training to work in a range of industries, crafting new structures and parts by melting down materials. You can get the education you need for an entry-level career1 when you train at Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Austin, Texas.
There are four main arc welding types used by welders in the industry today. Students in UTI’s Welding Technology program are taught all of these processes to help them become combination welders. The methods are:
Photo from UTI Sacramento campus
Not only are the four main types of arc welding processes covered during the program, but students learn how to weld in a range of positions for pipe welds as well as plate and sheet metals. Courses include:
Students gain comprehensive training in major types of arc welding when they attend UTI. Get a look at these four processes when you watch this video!
It’s important to consider the graduation documents you might receive when enrolling in a program, as they can help you stand out to employers when searching for jobs.
Those graduating from the Welding program at UTI Austin will earn diplomas.
UTI’s Welding Technology program was developed in conjunction with Lincoln Electric, a leader in the development, manufacturing and design of welding technology. Students train on current brand technology, including VRTEX® virtual welders.
You can prepare for roles in several industries when you get an education in welding. These might include:
Check out our welding career guide to explore more opportunities!
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
There’s plenty to do in Austin, Texas, which makes it a great place to get your welding training. Catch a concert at one of the local music venues or venture to a nearby raceway, like Circuit of The Americas.
301 W. Howard Lane
Austin, TX 78753
737-284-3100 | Campus
800-940-9101 | Admissions
Email |  Austin Support Services Team
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Both virtual and in-person events are hosted at UTI year-round. Check out the calendar below to keep up with what’s going on.
In just 36 weeks, UTI helps students train to become skilled combination welders. Talk with an Admissions Representative today to get started on your journey!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2020 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $20.28 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2020 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentiles of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $16.97 and $14.24, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 49,200 job openings between 2020 and 2030. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table
1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2020–30, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution
and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Updated on November 18, 2021.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.