State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Train to become an HVAC technician in less than a year.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
Expand your knowledge in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR, also referred to as HVAC) in Austin, Texas, a bustling city filled with entertainment and great barbecue. The program, coming soon pending regulatory approvals, is designed to give students at UTI Austin the opportunity to train to become HVACR technicians.
Our HVACR program in Austin helps prepare students for entry-level careers.1 Students learn various systems, and graduates are prepared to test for certifications valued by the industry.
HVACR attracts a specific type of student. These students often are interested in problem-solving, enjoy basic math and like working with their hands.
No prior experience is needed, since our HVACR courses are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Some of the courses at UTI Austin will include:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average median salary for an HVACR technician in Texas was $47,980 in May 2021.58 This means that half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
The HVACR Technician program is designed to help prepare students for careers like:
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming soon pending regulatory approvals to UTI Austin.
With its food trucks, barbecue and long summers, Austin can be a great place to train to become an HVACR technician! Plus, as the second-fastest growing city in the state, there is no shortage of things to do while training in Austin.
For a hands-on career with no two workdays exactly alike, training to become an HVACR technician could be a good move. The UTI campus in Austin, Texas, equips students with this knowledge and prepares them for entry-level careers in the HVACR industry.1
301 W. Howard Lane
Austin, TX 78753
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
737-284-3100 | Campus 737-284-3194 | Admissions 844-338-0033 | Financial Aid 909-222-9626 | Housing Assistance 469-442-6928 | Student & Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Pursue a new career with supportive instructors, hands-on learning in our labs and training completed in just 39 weeks. Talk with an Admissions Representative today to get started on your journey!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
58) The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as HVACR technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as HVACR technicians, such as installation technicians and refrigeration technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (49-9021) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $42,100 to $58,670 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled HVACR technicians in North Carolina is $22.76 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $17.96 and $14.56, respectively.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.