Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
35+ relationships with top brands
220,000 grads � and counting
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
With total auto technician employment expected to be 743,800 by 2031,47 there’s no better time to get trained for the industry. You can gain the hands-on experience and skills you need in Universal Technical Institute’s Automotive Technology program to be offered at the Austin, Texas campus.
Students in the Automotive Technology program receive core training that covers the fundamentals needed for an entry-level career.1 They learn diagnostics and how to make repairs on a variety of systems and parts.
During the auto school program, students follow UTI’s blended learning model, which combines online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18 This type of training not only gives students more flexibility but is also modeled after the type of training techs receive in the field today.
Photo from UTI Avondale campus
Students gain a foundation of knowledge that is built upon week after week, making the program accessible to all skill levels. The courses in the auto school program include:
Automotive technicians play an important role by maintaining and repairing different modes of transport we rely upon every day. Hear more about how these careers are in demand in this video!
Documents you receive after training at UTI can be important when entering the workforce, as many employers will ask to see them.
Automotive Technology graduates from UTI Austin will earn Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees and will also be prepared to test for ASE certifications. The training they’ll receive can also be substituted for one of the two years
of work experience required to become ASE certified.
Tthe Automotive Technology program at UTI prepares students for entry-level careers. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Explore potential career paths when you read our automotive career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
The UTI Austin campus is surrounded by a range of attractions you can explore during your free time, from outdoor destinations to local museums and music venues. It’s a great place to complete your auto school training.
301 W. Howard Lane
Austin, TX 78753
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
737-284-3100 | Campus 737-284-3194 | Admissions 844-338-0033 | Financial Aid 909-222-9626 | Housing Assistance 469-442-6928 | Student & Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI hosts different in-person and virtual events throughout the year. You can check out the event calendar below to stay informed!
UTI can help give students the training and education they need to enter the automotive industry. If you want to find out more about the 51-week Automotive Technology program, click the link below to connect with an Admissions Representative!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
25) UTI’s Automotive Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as automotive technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as an automotive technician, such as service writer, smog inspector, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics (49-3023) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,140 to $53,430 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled automotive technicians in North Carolina is $19.04 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.34 and $12.94, respectively.
41) For Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 73,300 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
47) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics will be 743,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career