State-of-the-industry, 248,000 sq.ft. Avondale campus will provide you with hands-on experience with everything from undercar maintenance to advanced diagnosis. Learn more here.
Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Book your campus tour to learn about in-demand careers and see our training labs in action.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info
You can gain the expertise and knowledge needed to work on commercial vehicles and heavy equipment systems that use diesel technology when you enroll in the Diesel Technology program offered at Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Exton, Pennsylvania, close to Philadelphia. Graduate in as little as 45 weeks7 prepared for an entry-level career in the industry.1
The Diesel Technology program at UTI’s Exton campus helps students build knowledge from the ground up, so no previous experience is required. Those enrolled learn how to work on and repair big engines, trucks and other vehicles used in industries worldwide.
Students follow UTI’s blended learning model, which combines hands-on lab application with online instructor-led training. This method mimics the type of training technicians complete in the field today.
Students in the Diesel program at UTI Exton learn in-demand skills needed for the industry. Classes include:
With total diesel technician employment expected to exceed 296,000 by 2030,48 there’s potential for a lot of career opportunities for those with the right training and experience. Learn more in this video!
Graduation documents can be important for demonstrating your level of commitment to future employers.
Graduates of the Diesel Technology program at the UTI Exton campus earn diplomas. They’re also prepared to test for ASE certification and can substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The UTI Exton campus also offers students the chance to take additional diesel training. The 12-week Cummins Engines program trains students to work with state-of-the-industry engines and equipment from Cummins.46 This Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) program can help students stand out with potential employers.
Students in UTI’s Diesel Technology program gain the experience they need for entry-level roles in the industry. As their skills and experience grow, there are opportunities to pursue other avenues in the field, including:
Check out some of the other career paths available in the diesel industry by reading our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
UTI’s Exton campus is located close Philadelphia, where you can check out historic attractions and enjoy a Philly cheesesteak! There are also several nearby racetracks, including Maple Grove Raceway, which is sanctioned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).
750 Pennsylvania Drive
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
M-F | 8:30am & 2pm By Appointment Only
610-458-5595 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3072 |  Financial Aid
877-884-3986 |  Student Services
610-646-8654 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
You can get a behind-the-scenes look at the different classrooms and labs at the UTI Exton campus by scheduling a guided tour. They’re offered Monday through Friday!
From industry days to open houses, UTI hosts a variety of events year-round. Check out the calendar below to view upcoming in-person and virtual events!
Diesel technicians help keep the big engines used in so many industries running. If you’re interested in training for a career in the field, UTI Exton can help you graduate in less than a year. Request information today and get connected with an Admissions Representative who can help you with the process!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2020 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $23.20 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2020 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentiles of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $19.41 and $16.18, respectively.
43) For Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 28,100 job openings between 2020 and 2030. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements.
See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2020–30, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational
institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Updated on November 18, 2021.
46) Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA and 95% attendance rate.
48) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists will be 296,800 by 2030. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2020 and projected 2030,
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed November 18, 2021. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Updated on November 18, 2021.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.