Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
For those who like to work with their hands and solve problems, a career as a welder could be the perfect fit. Welders work in various industries, from automotive manufacturing to aerospace.
If you’ve been searching for “welding training near me,” you’re in the right place. Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Lisle, Illinois, is located just outside of Chicago and can help give you the hands-on experience you need to train for an entry-level role in the welding industry.1
UTI Lisle’s 36-week Welding Technology program is designed to help equip students with the skills and experience they need to pursue roles in a range of industries.
The course teaches students the four major types of arc welding used in the industry today, which helps prepare them to become combination welders. The methods taught are:
Searching for “welding courses near me”? The Welding program at UTI Lisle features a curriculum suitable for all skill levels. Courses in the program include:
Welders work in a range of industries, from construction to manufacturing. There’s a demand for skilled welders who are trained on different welding processes. Watch this video to learn more.
Employers hiring for positions often will look at a candidate’s graduation documents from the school they attended. Welding graduates from UTI Lisle earn diplomas.
Searching for “welding training near me” has brought you here to UTI Lisle, where students train with state-of-the-industry tools and technology.
The training program curriculum was developed in conjunction with Lincoln Electric, an industry-leader in the design and manufacturing of welding technology. The brand’s technology includes VRTEX® virtual welders, which allow students to practice their skills in a simulated environment before trying out the equipment firsthand.
Welding is a skill that’s needed in many industries. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level welders or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
To learn more about some of the career paths welders can take, check out our welding career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
With its proximity to Chicago, UTI’s Lisle campus is a great place to complete your welding training. Explore attractions like Navy Pier, Cloud Gate and the Lincoln Park Zoo. There are also several racetracks and racing opportunities located nearby to help keep you busy when you’re not in class.
2611 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
630-529-2662 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2111 |  Financial Aid
800-441-4248 |  Student Services
630-529-2662 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
The search for “welding courses near me” is over. See what the UTI Lisle campus is like up close and personal. Guided tours are held Monday through Friday so you can check out the classrooms and labs for yourself.
UTI hosts several in-person and virtual events throughout the year that can help you decide if attending trade school in Lisle is the right call for you. View our events calendar below to see what we have coming up.
UTI Lisle’s Welding program is in Lisle, Illinois, considered part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Students have plenty to explore in their free time, including the city of Chicago, which offers a variety of attractions. Lisle is home to places like the Morton Arboretum and museums, as well as parks and recreational areas. Those interested in the racing scene can take a drive to one of the nearby speedways or dragways, like Chicagoland Speedway and Rockford Speedway.
You can train for an exciting career in the welding industry by attending the Welding Technology program at UTI Lisle. Graduate in just 36 weeks from the program prepared for the field. Ready to learn more? Click the link below to request more information and connect with an Admissions Representative who can help get your questions answered.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.33 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.12 and $14.58, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.