Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Universal Technical Institute (UTI) offers a diesel school near Plantation, Florida, that provides hands-on training in state-of-the-industry labs filled with up-to-date tools, technology and equipment.18 Learn how the program helps prepare students to pursue entry-level careers and further their education below.
UTI’s Diesel training program in Miramar, FL, is approximately 21 miles southwest of Plantation. To answer the demand for skilled diesel technicians, UTI Miramar provides a curriculum created with industry leaders that teaches students the skills many employers seek in entry-level candidates.1
Over the course of 45 weeks,7 students receive a combination of online instruction and training in labs. This blended learning model represents the type of training many employers provide in the field.
At the end of their training, graduates earn diplomas and can begin seeking entry-level diesel technician roles.
UTI Miramar’s core diesel school courses include:
After completing the Diesel Technology program at UTI Miramar, graduates can choose to advance their skill sets by applying for specialized diesel training programs, which are offered at other UTI campus locations nationwide. You can learn more about our manufacturer-specific diesel programs by visiting the links below.
Diesel technician skills are valuable to various industries like construction, oil rigging, trucking and transportation, agriculture, and more. The demand for these skills opens up several paths for technicians once they obtain enough training and experience. In fact, total diesel technician employment in the United States is expected to exceed 305,000 by 2031.48
In terms of salary, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the median annual salary for bus and truck mechanics and diesel engine specialists in the South Florida area was $56,190 in May 2022.29 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Graduates of UTI’s diesel mechanic training program can begin pursuing careers as entry-level technicians. Let’s take a look at some of the roles and responsibilities they may have:
Though most of our diesel school grads start in entry-level positions, as with any industry, over time you may be able to advance in your career with hard work.77 For more information about possible career pathways for those with diesel training, check out our diesel careers page.
Also, be sure to remember that diesel career opportunities can vary significantly based on where you live. Fortunately, UTI has a highly skilled Career Services team that helps students identify opportunities in the region they hope to work.1
Our diesel mechanic school is about 21 miles southwest of Plantation. To get to UTI Miramar:
2601 SW 145th Avenue     Miramar, FL 33027 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
In addition to Diesel training, UTI Miramar offers Automotive, Welding, and Airframe & Powerplant training programs.79
*Airframe & Powerplant program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
UTI’s 51-week7 automotive mechanic school provides students with hands-on training using tools, technology and equipment found in the industry.18 Comprehensive courses like electronic systems, engine service and repair, and powertrains and transmissions help prepare students to pursue careers in this ever-evolving field. Graduates receive an occupational associate degree (OAD).
Our 36-week welding school in Miramar is a comprehensive hands-on program that provides students with the skills they need to pursue entry-level careers. The curriculum was created with the help of industry leader Lincoln Electric, ensuring students gain practical knowledge of welding processes, safety standards, blueprint reading, project planning and more. Upon graduation, students receive diplomas.
UTI Miramar’s 18-month airframe and powerplant79 curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry-level aviation roles, including turbine tech, field tech or aviation mechanic.77 Concluding with a diploma, courses like Navigation and Communication Systems, Airframe Electrical, and Turbine Engine Accessories help teach students to maintain and repair the intricate components of various aircraft. (Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.)
Let your “diesel mechanic school near me” search end with UTI Miramar. Our industry relationships, comprehensive curriculum and knowledgeable instructors can help you take the first steps toward an exciting career. Here are a few ways you can get started:
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
15) Manufacturer-paid advanced training programs are conducted by UTI on behalf of manufacturers who determine acceptance criteria and conditions. These programs are not part of UTI’s accreditation. Programs available at select locations.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
46) Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA and 95% attendance rate.
48) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists will be 305,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career