Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
Universal Technical Institute (UTI) offers a welding school near Coral Springs, Florida, that provides students with hands-on training relevant to the industry. Throughout the program, students learn the four main arc welding processes – gas metal arc welding (GMAW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) and shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), preparing them to pursue careers as combination welders in a variety of industries.1 Keep reading to learn more about the program!
UTI’s Miramar welding school is about 26 miles south of Coral Springs and features state-of-the-industry labs where students can gain practical skills in just 36 weeks.
Students learn the above-mentioned arc welding processes. They also learn how to read blueprints, are introduced to project planning, practice various welding positions, acquire math and measurement skills, and more.
Upon graduation, students can pursue entry-level careers in many industries, including automotive fabrication, aerospace, construction and oil rigging.
Created with the help of industry-leader Lincoln Electric, the welding training curriculum focuses closely on providing students with entry-level skills that can be important to pursuing a welding career path.
UTI Miramar’s welding school welcomes students who have no previous knowledge or training. The following welding courses build students’ knowledge and technical skills from the ground up:
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that most employers prefer candidates who have a high school diploma and technical training. Although these candidates are still considered entry-level and require on-the-job training, their knowledge of blueprints, math and measurements is preferable.
Therefore, earning a postsecondary education diploma like the one offered at UTI Miramar is a great option. But what’s the outlook after graduating from welding school?
According to the BLS, the median annual salary for welders, cutters, solderers and brazers in the South Florida area was $46,930 in May 2022.26 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Graduates from UTI Miramar’s welding training program can pursue the following entry-level welding careers:
Most of our graduates start out working in entry-level roles, but as with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work.77 Let’s look at a few advanced welding jobs:
It’s important to keep in mind that job availability for entry-level and advanced welding careers usually depends on the demand in your local area. However, UTI’s Career Services specialists pride themselves on helping graduates look for potential career opportunities that interest them and align with their skill sets.1
UTI’s welding school in Miramar is about 26 miles from Coral Springs and has likely come up during your “welding school near me” searches. To get there, follow the directions below (this route has tolls):
2601 SW 145th Avenue     Miramar, FL 33027 M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours Campus Tours     TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm     W | 10 am & 2 pm     F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
Not sure welding is the trade for you? The UTI Miramar campus also offers Automotive, Diesel, and Airframe & Powerplant technician training programs.79
Airframe & Powerplant program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.
If you’re interested in auto mechanic school, UTI Miramar has a 51-week program7 that teaches students to maintain, diagnose and repair various vehicles. The labs are equipped with current technology to mirror what’s found in the field.
Upon completion, Automotive Technology program graduates at UTI Miramar earn an occupational associate degree (OAD) and can pursue entry-level careers as service writers, automotive technicians or parts associates.77
UTI Miramar’s diesel mechanic school can be completed in just 45 weeks.7 Throughout the program, students gain hands-on training in state-of-the-industry labs learning how to maintain and repair various diesel engines and equipment.
The Diesel Technology program curriculum was created with the help of industry leaders to ensure students receive an education that helps prepare them for their futures.
Upon graduating, students are awarded diplomas and can begin pursuing entry-level roles as diesel technicians, heavy equipment repair technicians, agricultural technicians or power generation technicians.77
The 18-month airframe and powerplant school79 is designed to provide students with hands-on training in aircraft maintenance, diagnosis and repair. Students learn through courses like Airframe Electrical, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Navigation and Communication Systems, and more.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can begin pursuing entry-level roles within the industry as aviation mechanics, turbine technicians or field technicians.77 (Program coming to UTI Miramar pending FAA approval.)
UTI Miramar’s welding school near Coral Springs, FL, can open doors to new possibilities. With experienced instructors, a curriculum tailored to the industry and dedicated career services, we can help you pursue your goals.1 Ready to get started? Request more info below to connect with an Admissions Representative now!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs in aviation or related industries other than as aviation maintenance technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career