Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Home to the country’s largest wind farm and one of the top ten wind-producing states, California is a great location to train to become a wind turbine technician.
In just 30 weeks, you could complete training at a wind turbine technician school. See more about our Rancho Cucamonga campus and what makes it a great location to train below.
The Wind Turbine Technician training program coming to UTI Rancho Cucamonga is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up to get you career ready.1 Whether you have prior experience or you’re brand-new to the field, this program can equip you with the skills you need to feel confident as you pursue a future in the industry.
At UTI Rancho Cucamonga, we combine hands-on labs with an instructor-led curriculum developed hand-in-hand with industry experts, so you know you’ll be learning relevant information fit to wind industry needs.18
Wind turbine technicians install, maintain and repair the three major components of the turbine — the generator, drive-line components and blades — on a regular basis. This is done by entering the turbine through the base of the tower and climbing a ladder or riding an elevator up through the tower shaft.
Many students choose the Wind Turbine Technician training program because of its speed to graduation and the growing demand in the field.63
Course topics in the Wind Turbine Technician training program include:
Rancho Cucamonga can be a great place to work with its climate, amenities and economy. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for wind power technicians in the Los Angeles area was $62,390 in May 2021.61 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to UTI Rancho Cucamonga.
The time it takes to become a wind turbine technician can vary, depending on the path you take. Our program is designed for students to train and graduate in just 30 weeks.
In order to gain a comprehensive view of the industry and gain insights on the latest technology, a good way to pursue a career in the wind industry could be to receive training first. Students who graduate from the Wind Turbine Technician training program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are prepared for entry-level careers.
Becoming a wind turbine technician may require the completion of a formal training program. Completing a wind turbine technician training program like the one offered at UTI Rancho Cucamonga can give a comprehensive view of the industry and teach the skills required by the industry today.1
With its rich heritage, historic Route 66 and the San Gabriel Mountians nearby, Rancho Cucamonga is a great place to train. Plus, UTI Rancho Cucamonga is only about 42 miles east of ever-vibrant downtown Los Angeles, so there are plenty of things to do while training to become a wind turbine technician.
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F | 10am & 1pm
SAT | 9am & 1pm
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
At UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus in California, you could train to become a Wind Turbine Technician in just 30 weeks. You could start your journey in a technologically vibrant industry today.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
61) The Wind Technician training program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as wind power technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Wind Turbine Service Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as wind power technicians, such as installation technicians and field service technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is available at https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#. Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled wind turbine technicians in North Carolina is $28.46 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Wind Turbine Service Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $28.45 and $22.42, respectively.
63) Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Wind Turbine Technicians, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/wind-turbine-technicians.htm. BLS projects total employment will increase from 11,100 in 2021 to 16,100 in 2031. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.