Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
For those who like problem solving and working with their hands, a career as a welder could be a great fit. Welders can work in a range of industries, using their skills to melt down materials to create new structures and parts.
UTI’s campus in Rancho Cucamonga, California, offers a 36-week Welding Technology program that can help prepare students for the industry.1 Located close to Los Angeles, it’s a great place to receive your education.
Students in the Welding program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are trained to become combination welders. They gain the skills they need to learn how to weld by training on the four main types of arc welding processes:
Not only do students in the Welding program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga learn how to perform various arc welds, they’re also taught how to weld in a variety of positions used in sheet, plate and pipe welds. Welding courses covered in the program include:
John Esquibel, service lead manager for Empire Caterpillar, talks about what his company looks for when hiring qualified welders, as well as how UTI can help prepare students for careers in the industry.
Students earn different graduation documents once they complete a training program, and those documents can be helpful when applying for jobs. Graduates of UTI Rancho Cucamonga’s Welding Technology program earn diplomas.
UTI is proud to have a relationship with Lincoln Electric, a leader in the development, design and manufacturing of welding technology. The curriculum in the Welding program was developed in conjunction with Lincoln Electric and helps give students the opportunity to train on the brand’s technology, which includes VRTEX® virtual welders.
Training to become a welder at UTI Rancho Cucamonga can help students prepare for careers in a variety of industries. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level welders or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles might include:77
Learn more about these opportunities by reading our welding career guide!
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus has no shortage of fun attractions to explore nearby. Located about 40 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, you can travel to the Pacific Coast Highway and check out beaches in your free time.
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F | 10am & 1pm
SAT | 9am & 1pm
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
Want to check out the Rancho Cucamonga campus for yourself? Guided tours are offered Monday through Friday, so you can see the labs and classrooms up close!
UTI hosts events year-round both virtually and in-person, so you can stay involved. Check them out on the events calendar below.
You can graduate from the Welding Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga campus in just 36 weeks. To train for a career in the welding industry, contact an Admissions Representative today to learn more!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career