Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Expand your training in robotics and automation! Being a robotics and automation technician means utilizing robots to automate tasks, working alongside engineers to integrate, maintain and troubleshoot robotic work cells and automated systems.
Are you interested in robotics and automation? With the Robotics & Automation Technician program coming to UTI Rancho Cucamonga, you can prepare for a career in an exciting field in just 51 weeks.1
Upon graduation, students have the opportunity to be equipped with the skills many employers are looking for and are prepared to pursue entry-level positions in the field. Because our courses are aligned to fit industry needs, students who complete our program can be prepared to go on and test for certifications if they choose.
If you’re unsure if robotics and automation is right for you, we find that it attracts students who are interested in computers, technology and programming.
Some of the courses in the program coming soon to UTI Rancho Cucamonga include:
Robotics & Automation students at UTI Rancho Cucamonga will train in hands-on labs with experienced instructors who provide insight and support as they learn.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, (BLS) the median annual salary for robotics and automation technicians in the Los Angeles area was $60,690 as of May 2021.59 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
The Robotics & Automation program is designed to prepare students for careers in many industries. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level technicians or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus. Program coming to UTI Rancho Cucamonga.
Many employers want to see that you’ve completed some form of education before starting an entry-level position as a robotics and automation technician. At UTI’s Rancho Cucamonga campus, our program is designed for students to complete training in 51 weeks and be prepared to enter the field.
Graduates of the Robotics & Automation program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are prepared to test for certifications. The program consists of 51 weeks of hands-on learning combined with online instruction.18
Your first step is to complete your training. After graduating from UTI Rancho Cucamonga, there are many potential career paths for someone who completes the Robotics & Automation program.1 Graduates could go on to become robotics and automation technicians, but they could also can obtain titles like control systems technicians and maintenance technicians.
With its rich heritage and historic Route 66 and the San Gabriel Mountians nearby, Rancho Cucamonga is a great place to train for a career. Plus, UTI Rancho Cucamonga is only about 42 miles east of ever-vibrant downtown Los Angeles, so there are plenty of things to do while training to become a robotics and automation technician.
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F | 10am & 1pm
SAT | 9am & 1pm
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
If you’re ready to train for a career in robotics and automation, we’re ready to help you get started. With industry relationships, hands-on learning and supportive instructors, there’s a lot to love about UTI Rancho Cucamonga. Click the button below to begin.
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
59) The Robotics & Automation program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as robotics & automation technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as robotics & automation technicians, such as control systems technicians and maintenance technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians (17-3024) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $43,670 to $52,960 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled robotics & automation technicians in North Carolina is $26.76 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $22.71 and $17.96, respectively.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.