Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
A career in welding could open the door to many different industries and places. If you’ve been searching for “welding school near me,” the Welding Technology program at Universal Technical Institute is designed to get you career-ready in less than a year. You can get trained right here at our campus in Long Beach, California.
In the Welding program, you’ll learn four welding techniques to help prepare for a career as a combination welder.1 This curriculum was developed in conjunction with Lincoln Electric, an industry leader in the design, development and manufacturing of welding technology.
At the Long Beach campus, you’ll have the chance to train with VRTEX® virtual welders, which can give you the opportunity to sharpen your welding skills in a simulated environment.
If you’ve been searching for a “welding school near me,” we have you covered. During the 36-week Welding program offered at UTI Long Beach, you’ll take courses that will help build your knowledge from the ground up. These include:
Spencer Rowett completed the Welding program at UTI’s campus in Avondale, Arizona. Learn about his experience and how he landed a position with Empire Caterpillar.6
The graduation documents you receive as a trade school graduate can help demonstrate your level of skill and commitment to prospective employers. As a Welding graduate from the Long Beach campus, you’ll receive a diploma. You’ll also be able to utilize the resources provided by the Employment Assistance team, which can help with identifying opportunities to apply for after graduation.
Most of our grads start out working as entry-level welders or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. The welding skills you gain at UTI Long Beach could be applied in a variety of entry-level and advanced roles, including :77
Read our career guide to learn more about the possibilities that come with a welding education.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Long Beach is a great place to call home while you complete your Welding training. The campus is conveniently located near several different freeways for easy access. There are also plenty of fun things to do in the area, such as the Long Beach Motorsports Walk of Fame, Knott’s Berry Farm and, of course, the beautiful beaches. The search for a welding school near you is over!
4175 East Conant Street
Long Beach, CA 90808
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
562-541-7000 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
844-308-8840 |  Financial Aid
844-308-8838 |  Student Services
562-541-7058 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Long Beach hosts guided tours Monday through Friday. These provide a chance to see our labs in action, to meet our staff and to get answers to your questions about trade school.
Attending events is a great way to get involved and learn more about opportunities in the industry. UTI hosts virtual and in-person events throughout the year — just click the link below to see what we have coming up!
UTI Long Beach’s Welding program is conveniently located in the city of Long Beach, where students can enjoy great weather and beautiful beaches during their time off. The campus is also located near the Los Angeles metro area, which is home to a variety of attractions to explore like Universal Studios or the Hollywood Walk of Fame. There are also racing and nearby racetracks that enthusiasts might enjoy, including the Grand Prix of Long Beach and K1 Speed.
There’s a demand for welders in the Long Beach area. If a career in the field sounds exciting, there’s no better time to get started on your training. Request information today, and one of our Admissions Representatives will get in touch with you to discuss your career goals and next steps in the process.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
6) UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on personal credentials and economic factors. Work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer and their compensation programs affect wages. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career