Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Welders can have flexible careers that allow them to work with their hands and problem-solve. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the industry, the 36-week Welding Technology program offered at Universal Technical Institute’s campus in Avondale, Arizona, can help give you the skills you need.1
Industries nationwide count on welders to support them and help keep them running, from construction to manufacturing and everything in between. There are four main types of arc welding used in the field, and the Welding program at UTI Avondale teaches these processes to students so they can prepare to become combination welders:
Along with the four main types of arc welding, students enrolled in the Welding program get trained on how to weld in a variety of positions for both plate and sheet metals, as well as pipes. Welding courses in the program include:
The four main arc welding processes taught at UTI’s Avondale campus can help prepare students to fill entry-level roles in the industry. Find out more about how these processes work and differ from one another in this video.
Graduation documents are important to consider when attending a program, as many employers will look for them. Graduates of the Welding program at UTI Avondale earn diplomas.
Lincoln Electric is a leader in the development, design and manufacturing of welding technology. UTI’s Welding program curriculum was developed in conjunction with Lincoln electric, which gives students the opportunity to train with the brand’s technology. This includes VRTEX® virtual welders.
An education in welding can help prepare students for roles in a variety of industries. Most of our grads start out working as entry-level welders or in other entry-level roles. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Some entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Read our welding career guide to learn more!
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
UTI’s Avondale campus is located close to Phoenix, the fifth-largest city in the United States. That means there’s plenty to do, from checking out the Desert Botanical Garden to going for a hike on one of the many trails around the Valley of the Sun.
10695 West Pierce Street, Suite 100
Avondale, AZ 85323
M-F | 8am-4:30pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
623-245-4600 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-224-8162 |  Financial Aid
800-859-1202 |  Student Services
623-245-4663 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Want to know what attending the Welding program at UTI Avondale would look like? Schedule a guided campus tour to get a behind-the-scenes look at our classrooms and labs!
UTI hosts many live events throughout the year, as well as virtual events online. Check out the calendar below to see what’s coming up.
You can train to become a skilled combination welder in as little as 36 weeks when you enroll in the Welding Technology program at UTI Avondale. Request more information by connecting with an Admissions Representative below and take the first step toward an exciting career path!
COVID-19 FAQs | COVID-19 Updates | Lab Info | CDC’s COVID-19 website
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
26) UTI’s Welding Technology Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as welders. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a welding technician, such as inspector and quality control. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers (51-4121) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $36,160 to $50,810 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled welders in North Carolina is $22.69 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $18.91 and $17.16, respectively.
42) For Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 47,600 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career