Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
MIAT’s Energy Technology training program prepares students for careers in an innovative industry.1 Over the course of 16 months, students study a variety of topics, including power generation, wind power, compression technology and powerplant operations. They gain a comprehensive set of skills they can build upon in industries like wind, nuclear, gas, coal, power distribution and solar.
Graduates of the Energy Technology program earn an Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS), which can help them prepare for entry-level positions. As with any industry, over time, you may be able to advance in your career with hard work. Entry-level and advanced career paths pursued by those with this degree could include:78
Whether you’re familiar with the energy industry or have zero prior experience, this program is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Here’s a quick look at some of the courses you’ll take:
With an emphasis on clean, renewable energy, there’s a demand for energy technicians. Now is a great time to prepare for a career.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Within the energy industry, there are many different avenues you can take when it comes to a career. For example, in addition to energy technology, there’s also wind power and industrial maintenance. While each path differs, they all center around maintaining equipment that generates power.
An Associate of Applied Science degree, also referred to as an AAS, is considered a technical degree.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
60) The Energy Technology and Industrial Maintenance Technician programs prepare graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as wind power technicians or industrial maintenance technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Industrial Machinery Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as wind power technicians and industrial maintenance technicians, such as installation technicians, field service technicians, boiler technicians and plant technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Industrial Machinery Mechanics (49-9041) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $37,420 to $55,050 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled wind power technicians and industrial maintenance technicians in North Carolina is $27.05 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Industrial Machinery Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $21.85 and $17.94, respectively.
74) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Industrial Machinery Mechanics will be 447,900 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
78) MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MIAT prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. MIAT graduates’ achievements may vary. Some MIAT graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career